Sunday, June 29, 2008

a new reality

Tomorrow is a new day for Lyla and I. I'll go back to work (after being home 1 month due to visa issues) and Lyla will have her first day at daycare. I have been dreading this day and tomorrow it will happen. At 4 weeks I went back to work, but my mom was with her, in our house, with her stuff (and that was hard). Than I worked 4 more weeks, DH stayed with her for another week and I stayed home the last 4 weeks. She has been home for 13 weeks. We are finally establishing a routine, now she has to get use to a new reality. I chose the home daycare very carefully, I know that person that will be caring for her, I trust her, nonetheless every time I look at Lyla today I want to cry. I know in my heart she will be okay, but I also know that nobody will take care of her the way I do. I tried to prepare her during this month. She learned to put herself to sleep for her naps, I did not hold her every time she cried, I let her play alone for a awhile... It will be difficult being at work not knowing what she is doing, having somebody else take care o her, enjoy her smile. DH will take off from work early so she will not stay there all day long. On the other hand, I like working, I enjoy intellectual adult conversations and I do need to work in order to provide for her. At the end, it is a good thing that I am going back tomorrow. I am eager to get into this routine. DH will drop her off everyday (except tomorrow) and I'll pick her up. Thank God it is going to be a shorter week. I hope it all goes okay. I am really anxious.
Tomorrow Lyla will be 3 months... I can;t believe it. She is full of personality and has a smile that melts my heart.

_

11 comments:

amy said...

Oh. I can only imagine how difficult it will be. Noah isn't going to daycare until August but I'm already dreading leaving him.

I'm sure Lyla will be loved and well taken care of. She's so cute that I'm sure the care givers will be snuggling her and loving on her non stop.
I'm so glad everything worked out with your visa and you are able to go back to work. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Amy
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com

AwkwardMoments said...

OH Cibele, I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow. I know this is going to be a new challenge for you.

I am glad your visa worked out and that you are excited about working ( just not leaving your baby)

I bit she does melt your heart!

sara said...

I can't imagine how difficult this must be. I'm glad that everything worked out with the visa and you seemed so prepared about going back. But because you're a good mom I know you will worry and it'll be hard to be apart from her. I hope you both have a smooth day tomorrow and she melts my heart she's so cute!

M said...

I went through the exact same thing. And it's so normal. I hope that you become comfortable with the decision. Honest to God, daycare has been one of the best things we could have done for Madelyn. She absolutely LOVES it. Always has. And now she shrieks (loudly) and screams "MARY'S" when we pull up to her house. The socialization with other kids has done wonders.

ultimatejourney said...

Awww...I hope the day goes okay for both of you. Hugs.

Can you write (or email me) more details about what you did to get her to put herself to sleep for naps? I need to figure out how to do that. I hate hearing her cry, but I think it's time for her to become more independent about sleeping. (Gosh, they grow up so fast!)

ultimatejourney at gmail dot com

Delenn said...

I am there with you in more ways than one--tomorrow is my first day after maternity leave. I had 10 weeks and now its time to leave her at daycare. I have the same anxious feelings--and we also have to drop Michael off at camp for the first time this summer. A lot of firsts tomorrow.

My main concern is that Willow has not been entirely thrilled with bottle feeding.

I totally agree tho on the whole getting back to routine.

Here's hoping your first week back is a good one!

Bea said...

Good luck with going back to work.

Bea

Kate said...

It's hard. I went to visit Luke every single day fopr the first week. It's good that your husband can pick her up earlier.

Bela said...

Ci - I wrote about this SAME ISSUE on my blog not too long ago... I can totally relate my friend... Big hugs and good luck.

PS: A Lyla e tao linda....

Sarah said...

happy 3 month birthday!! the flower and dots outfit is too cute!

fortunately this is much harder on the mommies than it is on the babies at this point. she will be just fine. you may need some extra taking-care-of though :)

2weeks2much said...

Just stopping by to say hello!