Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy New Year!

Time it has just flown by hasn't it? like sand running through my fingers every day has gone by and now it is time to look back, learn, reaccess , meditate, bottle up memories, reminisce and then look ahead, reset, and brace ourselves for yet another wild ride into the unknown!!!! I am peaceful about the unknown. Mainly due to my faith but also due to the fact that I now know that if you encounter a mountain you just have to make the choice to climb it. If the waters are deep, you swim or just tread water for a while until you can place your feet on solid reassuring grounds and the sun shines again ; and when it shines... Oh my friends... just soak up as much as you can and be thankful to the warmth.
Sometimes you have to be thankful regardless of the winter. The bone chilling experiences that leave you shaking. You take a deep breath, brace those who love you and remember that it wont last forever. Its a season! I know it can last more than usual, but it is just a season... that too shall pass! Rest assure that Spring is always right around the corner! and when its finally here, take time to smell the roses! take time to appreciate the beauty of new beginnings. Allow the blossoming and blooming that comes from within! allow the fresh scent of renewed hope to take over and be thankful again.
You may have had the best year of your life, so be grateful and celebrate! You may have had the worst year ever, so cry for a while, its cathartic! Allow yourself to grief. It is a necessary part of healing... just don't dwell on it for forever and when you are getting close to start feeling sorry for yourself: STOP IT, its counterproductive! Hold on to the people and things that matters the most to you and be hopeful!
Like me you may have had your ups and downs during this year. The days you want to remember for forever and the ones you wish had never happened. I wish they had never happen for you, I really do. But through it all my heart has always rested assured on the promise that "All things work together for good to those who love God".
I wish that this new year to come is kind to you. That your dreams come true, That you can endure whatever may come your way. That you can love and be loved unconditionally, trust blindly, believe and wonder like and innocent child. I wish laughter and joy. Health and prosperity. That you cry only tears of joy, and if not that you may have a shoulder to lean on. I wish that next year this time I can be hearing about the best year of your life!!!!! and we will celebrate and laugh together. But know that if you need me I will be here, just like you have always been for me!

Happy new year my friends
My warmest wishes

One of my favorite quotes for this year:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense" Emerson, Ralph Waldo

4 comments:

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Such a beautiful letter! Thanks for sharing it with me twice. I really love the quote at the end and I'm planning on putting it on my fridge. I hope this year is spectacular for you!

Bea said...

Beautiful thoughts, and good advice!

I wish the same for you - especially that 2011 is like Spring beginning all over again for you.

Bea

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Such beautiful words from a beautiful girl inside and out! I'm so proud of you and how far you've come in your life! xoxo

Singlemommyhood said...

Just found you through another single mom blog and I'm so glad I did. Your daughter is so beautiful! Here's to the New Year.