Lyla is 3 now, and true to every transition, she has been challenging lately. Mornings are rough in our household. By 8 am I already used all my diplomacy for the day . Dressing her up is a fight of epic proportions. She changes outfits at least 5 times if she is home. She is taking independence to another level, and I need a extra dose of patience to go along with her grown confidante and stubbornness. But it is all good, I know it is a phase.
I am enjoying so many things about this phase as well. She is just as talkative as I am and we have the funniest conversations. She gets my humor. I am in awe of her speech. Lyla where is my cell phone: "I dont know mommy, it is probably lost"... Lyla do you want cereal? Yes mommy.... hmmm, no, Actually I just want some chocolate milk. She used big words and it is hilarious. She tells me that I am her Best friend and if I make her mad she comes and says : Mommy give me this otherwise you will not be my "blest fliend anymore".
She is very intuitive and I know the time is coming very soon that the big questions are going to start pouring out of her. I am not ready for it yet. She told me the other day that the song we were listening to made her miss her daddy. And that came followed by the question: Mommy, why daddy has his house? I did not know what to say... I said because everybody needs a place to live. She was content with the answer... for how long? I know she is happy, she has a sense of family... he is there for her and sees her almost everyday.
Now that the weather has been great her , we have been spending a lot of time outside. She loves it! And that helps her sleep so much better. Sleep has always been a struggle for miss Lyla and lately she just collapses at 8 pm and sleeps for 11 hours.
This past weekend we went shoe shopping together. She needed some shoes for Easter and Ineeded some flats to go in a date (short guy lol). She loved that place more than any toy store. "Mommy, look at this shoe, it sparkles", "Mommy, love your shoes, can I try them on?", "look mommy it fist me"... size 8 adult seems to fit her just fine haha . I ended up chasing her in the store but it was a fun experience. Made me think about the future when she is older and we can do some many girly things together. I never imagine myself having a daughter prior to her, now I can't phantom otherwise.
We go out on date dinners very often. Either at chick fil A or any fancy restaurant and she sits there like a big girl and we have long conversations over a yummy meal. She likes to toast... "Cheers mommy"! Milk for her and a beer for me makes for a great toast.
I took the day off last Monday. I was tired and really needed some time for myself. I took her to day care and went to my favorite breakfast spot with my laptop and book. after did some shopping and went for a movie. It was heaven. I picked her up early and we enjoyed another movie together, we saw Hop and she watched the entire movie. I love movies, and being able to take her to the theaters now is just fantastic !!! next we are going to see "RIO", can't wait!!!
The other big transition has been pre school. She left the toddler class and she misses her teacher and friends dearly. She seems so little and lost in this new class. She has cried everyday when I drop her off. It is not the tantrum kind , just that quite cry that you know she is hurting. I usually have breakfast with her there and by the time I leave she is fine.
My baby is growing up so fast . It scares me to death that I am not enjoying everything. That I waste time being so wrapped up in life's drama. That I will blink to a little too long and this yet another phase is gone. Days when I lose my cool with her I feel so bad afterwards. But I am only human. I am tired most of the time. Being a "one woman" show is exhausting. I want to slow down time so bad. I am a clean conscious that I am giving my all and the best that I can to her. She makes me so happy, so happy... More and more she is looking like me. She looked just like her dad. But she is changing and I see so much of me in her. She is so beautiful and healthy. I am so blessed!





5 comments:
This is such a great post and YES, you ARE missed...you should join Twitter. There are so many similarities between me and you as well as our kids. We struggle in the mornings. we go on dates to ChickFilA. He also tells me he is his best friend and takes it back if I don't let him do something he wants to do.
I'm also struggling with the future and how to handle the discussions with him. Right now he knows that his dad is at school (another name for rehab) and he talks a lot about when daddy comes home. I'm just so sad that it will hurt him so badly when daddy doesn't come back or when daddy wants to and I have to be the bad guy.
You are right it is exhausting being a one woman show. You are raising a confident, intelligent daughter and she will know that she is loved!
Also, thanks for the card...I got it yesterday. It really meant a lot to read those kind words from you!
I agree--join twitter :)
Lyla is SO pretty!
She and O could be personality twins.
I don't understand the appeal of twitter, so I can't help with that. But Somewhat, LJ, and JJ are all on it, so it's gotta be cool right?
And hey, thanks for the comment on my post! I haven't written about O in too long - will be doing that shortly. :)
xoxo
So sweet - seems like we all kid of got out of the blogging world, but it's nice to hear from you and catch up with Lyla...and this date you speak of!?!?!?!?!
That was such a sweet post. Yes, you've been missed. Life has been hectic but I wondered how things were with you.
I can't help you with the big questions: I wouldn't know what to answer myself. It must be hard to choose the right words. And hide your feelings.
She is a preety young lady, time has definitely flown by.
As for the moments of utter stress, I think we all have them (and feel terrible afterwards). You're not alone.
I have deleted all my orkut friends, I am keeping facebook alone now. Love.
Post a Comment