Thursday, December 13, 2012
Lyla
I know we say this all the time but time sure is flying by. Lyla is a reminder of that, she is growing, transforming, learning , changing faster than my mind that get a grip of it. As a wrestle with life's challenges I am constantly reminded to slow down, that life is short , that these little moments may never come by again. So I want to take a moment and register how awesome my child is.
She is so transparent with her feelings ... when se smiles the whole world shines but boy when she is mad it is like an earthquake. I taught her since she could talk to use her words to express her feelings so she is not shy to tell me... Mommy I am mad, Mommy this is so cool, Mommy I love you, Mommy I am sad, Mommy this hurts my feelings, mommy I am happy, mommy I am scared, mommy that's unfair. I try to be as transparent with her... the other day I broke down and cried in front of her and I explained to her that I cried because I was frustrated and she had no idea what that meant. We had a long talk and explored new feelings ... frustration, curiosity, excitement, hope, faith...
She is generous about her compliments to people. Its really adorable and a fantastic characteristic to have and if i may say so myself I think she got ti for me. I constantly tell her how beautiful she is and she does the same with me. She compliments my cooking, a new outfit, a new hair style. She tells random people... I love your shoes, I like this dress on you, you have pretty eyes, she recognizes when her little friends do a good job and she praises the, she writes a bday card to each one of them and draws pictures for me almost every morning so I can take with me to work. If you need to boost your confidence take Lyla shopping with you. As you try the outfits in the dressing room , she will make you feel like one million $$$ and shower with compliments!!
She has such an amazing memory. One time we went to a restaurant and I returned my food because it was too salty. A few months later we went there again and I ordered the same thing and she told me... but mommy you don't like this food, it is too salty. She reminisces a lot about little things we did, places we went when she was a toddler. I am happy that she has happy memories. I taught her my phone # for safety. I did not know she had memorized it yet until the teacher told me that she wrote down my number in several pieces of paper and gave to all her friends at school. Call me maybe? haha. She wants to learned how to write our address and directions to give it away for her friends so they can come for sleep overs... oh boy!
She has a crush on this boy called Brody. They've been best friends for 2 years. She learned how to spell Lyla and Brody forever and she writes it in every piece of paper she can find lol. When I was back from my trip I went to pick her up at school and when i opened the bad that her dad had left there with her clothes, I found Brody's picture that she took from the name tag wall that they have at school. I questioned her why she did that, that she cant take things without asking. her reply... but he is so cute.
Sometimes I am having a terrible day and she says something that completely snaps me out of it. The other day, I was 30 mins late to pick her up at school due to an accident at the highways. I apologized that I was so late and told her there was because an accident. She said: what kind of accident?. I dismissed her question and kept on driving annoyed about my day. She asked again... and I just said just an accident Lyla, why does it matter?. She said... can you just tell me if it was poop or pee? haha. I laughed so hard. She was quite offended that I was laughing. I apologized and said it was poop... I rather her not find out just yet that potty accidents are not the only kind of accidents that there are.
She is inquisitive. Maybe it is an age thing but she is curious about faith , death, marriage, divorce and life in general... and she asks hard questions like "why cant I see God?, "Why Igor died (my cousin) and when do I get to see him again?" , "Why do we live so far away from our family?", "why do i have to speak two languages?", "why people have different hair, eye and skin color"? , "why do I have 2 houses?"
I love verything about her... I am so blessed to have her in my life!
Love you sweet Lyla
Here are some of our Holiday pictures... my beautiful family of 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment