Since some people that I know IRL may read this blog I chose to delete the previous 2 posts. Thank you so much for all the support.
Now on to more stress...
As most of you know I am not an American and I am here in a student visa. My student visa expired may 31st and my work visa (that I applied 4 months ago) is still pending. As a result my position was terminated and I can't no longer work until my paperwork arrives. The good thing of it is that I am having the opportunity to stay home with my daughter and also have some time to digest everything that is going on in my life. On the other hand, because my position was terminated I have 60 days to start working again otherwise I will be considered illegal here. In addition, all my benefits were canceled including health insurance. My university cancelled my e-mail account without notice only 2 days after I was "terminated" and I lost all my contacts and some very import e-mails. I can't even go to the university... and the immigartion will not even look into my case (just 30 days after the predicted processing time - June 23rd). I've been in this country for 8 years, had all my education paid by a American university, I've paid taxes, never been in trouble with the law, and yet I am mistreated over and over again.I am tired of it. Please, keep me on your thoughts and prayers that my visa may arrive soon.
Thanks
20 comments:
Cibele ~ So sorry to hear that you're dealing with this on top of everything else. Hoping your visa comes through quickly.
I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. This may show my ignorance in all things immigration but how are you supposed to work within 60 days if you do not have a work visa? Sounds to me like they are giving you a huge runaround.
A coworker of mine just went through a similar thing with her husband. His visa was not renewed. His job had a legal department who tried to work something out. To no avail. Perhaps you could consult with a lawyer, pro bono, to see if there is anything that can be done?
Hugs to you.
OMG CIBELE! What hell you are going through and it is so unfair! I wish there was some way I can help you or get that stinking visa to you- Praying it comes and praying that everything works out for you in ALL respects- work, insurance, relationships, health- everything. Stay strong...
Cibele - i am os osirry for all this hassle this is not what you deserve right now. I am saying and sending you toughts
Oh Cibele, I hope things get straightened out soon. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts for things to go smoothly. This must be very stressful, I'm so sorry - you shouldn't have to worry about stuff like this crap!
When it rains it pours. I can't believe you are dealing with all of this at once. Take good care of yourself, ok?
Does your work have to be in your field of study? Possibly you could find a part time position somewhere that would qualify as employment until your visa arrives. I agree that you should talk to someone that knows immigration law. Good luck.
I'm so sorry you have to endure visa issues on top of everything else. I have lots of friends at the U where I work who have had to deal with immigration problems and it's such a huge stress. I hope your work visa comes through soon and that everything else gets worked out as well.
Sorry to hear about all the stressful crud that you are having to put up with! I'll be thinking about you and hoping that it all gets sorted out very soon.
So sorry to hear about this! I hope everything works out SOON!
I am sorry you are going through this, I wish I knew how to help. I'm thinking/praying for you.
I really hope this works out for you...and soon. Immigration issues suck. And I'm so sorry everything seems to be coming at you all at once...hoping things look up soon.
Cibele, I'm so sorry. I wish I could go through the screen to give you a hug!
I hope everything works out and will definitely have you in my prayers tonight!
Oi Cibele,não há nuvem negra que não passe.....tenha fé em Deus,e tenha certaza que de longe estou torcendo por vcs aí!Muitas vezes não entendenmos determinados desafios...mas tente ficar firme e não se esqueça do principal,sua filota linda e saúdavel e sua família querida.Bjo e estou rezando por vcs!Cecília
Ai Cibele, que chato... Imigracao e uma coisa burocratica mesmo, mas tenha fe que tudo vai dar certo. A sua posicao foi "terminated for good" ou assim que voce conseguir seu visto eles vao te dar o seu emprego de volta?
I'm so sorry. I hope this all gets worked out very quickly.
Hi Cibele
I'm here via nacomleavmo.
Your little one looks gorgeous. Many congrats.
I'm sorry for what you're going through. What a nightmare. It's not stress you need or deserve right now.
Good luck
Portia P
So sorry. I hope that you get things straightened out soon. Sounds like some crazy rules that don't make much sense! NCLM
I am sorry. I know immigration is a huge problem for those who follow the rules.
My friend's green card took over a year because he had the same name as someone on a watch list.
Surely there is someone who can help you through this process, a congressman, an attorney or something.
BTW, your daughter is cute!
Post a Comment