Monday, February 01, 2010

Bad genes

I come from a long line of asthmatic people, my great grandfather had it, my grandfather died from it, my mom has severe asthma, so do I ... and this weekend I was sad to find out that Lyla inherited this "bad gene" of mine. It was a rough weekend, the first breathing treatments were painful, but she quickly got a hang of it and can do it all by herself. Poor baby girl, she feels better now , but I decided to stay home on extra day to give a chance to heal more before going to daycare. One year ago she tested positive for RSV and ended up staying in the hospital for 1 week, I hope that this does not happen this year. It feels like deja vu... Stay healthy little girl

9 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

Poor baby! I hope she's back to normal soon, and doesn't have more episodes. Asthma is a hot research topic right now, so I hope they'll be able to find a cure (or at least make it manageable).

kimbosue said...

Oh poor baby! Glad she is taking the treatments well.

hope548 said...

Ah, poor kiddo. I'm sorry to hear this, but glad you know it now so you can help keep it under control. Take care!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

So sorry she got the asthma genes! Hope she stays healthy.

Sarah said...

Poor Lyla...she looks so big holding her mask all by herself. Claire was on treatments 2 weeks ago and just for the first time held her mask by herself. Hope she feels better...((HUGS))

Photogrl said...

Poor, little thing!

Sending healing thoughts her way...

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Aw, baby girl! I'm sorry she has to go through that.

Serenity said...

We're seeing a pulmonologist today to see if O's got the same thing. Allegedly they can grow out of it when they have it this early.

O asks for the "fog" and holds his nebulizer mask himself too. It's cute, in a heartbreaking sort of way, isn't it?

xxx

Bea said...

Stay healthy! I hope she has the mildest version possible.

Bea