Sunday, May 09, 2010

Blessed

For one second today I felt sorry for myself, felt bad for being alone, for no mother's day gift or even the words HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY (I know she would say it if she could)... it lasted one second and then she woke up with the brightest smile. I remember waking up on mother's day with my empty arms aching, a heavy heart longing to be a mother, a broken soul from all the fight ... everything else felt so small and insignificant and I felt grateful , overcome by love for my little girl. We had breakfast together, the best kind: fruit loops... and went on with our day, the same old routine that some days feel a little overwhelming. But today I felt grateful doing each one of them. I thought about my friends still aching and longing and I said a prayer for all of you. I thought about other single moms, about all of you wonderful mothers that I've met through my blog. I felt honored to know all of you, to be able to hear about how awesome and adorable your kids are. I sat in church with Lyla, I looked around and we were the only duo, it was family day. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I felt proud, blessed, grateful yet again. I felt her weight on my arms and I prayed that God keeps giving me strength and wisdom to raise this little girl, that I can keep providing to her, giving unconditional love. I thanked God that His promise came ture. I sang the song that said: Strengh will raise as we wait upon the Lord. It is so true, I am felling stonger and very sure that I am so blessed

PS: I did get a mother's day gift and a beautiful card later in the day

2 comments:

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

I hope you had a wonderful day with your beautiful girl!

Kelly Hutcheson said...

I love the way you celebrate your beautiful life! xoxo