Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Confession Tuesday: potty training and pacifier

I've been avoiding two things: Potty training and the pacifier war !!! I don't seem to find te energy to tackle either . Part has to do with my own selfish reasons that these are the only 2 things that make her a "baby". I know, it is just too silly. She loves her paci and uses only to sleep, it seems so unfair, but I know it is the best thing to do. She has not shown much interest on the potty anymore. I feel the pressure, 80% of her little friends at daycare are already wearing underwear. Her dad and I really need to get on the same page for this one, I can do it alone. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Caro said...

Good luck! We're kind of avoiding the potty thing as well or at least not trying very hard.

cecisantiago said...

Ô Ci..não se cobre tanto amiga...não adianta forçar a barra, pois o melhor momento é eles quem dizem. Claro que devemos estimulá-los massss, na hora certa flui. O meu filhote vai fazer 3 anos próximo mês, e já usa faz xixi sozinho (há mais ou menos 4 meses, nem sei)e foi mais ou menos ele quem disse quando estava pronto, porém côco é só na fralda..não tem negócio com ele ainda. Quanto à chupeta, vai propondo troca..conversa..sei lá...dessa parte eu não posso falar, pois Matheus nunca quis..Beijo, Ciça

Bea said...

Good luck! Although I say don't worry about comparing yourself to the others at daycare - in the long run, it doesn't matter when they toilet train. Whenever it suits all involved is best! Although getting on the same page must be an extra challenge with your husband.

Bea

Bea said...

Er... meaning with the fact that Lyla's dad is not living in the same house anymore - makes it harder to keep consistent. Sorry. I am having one of those nights.

Bea