Lyla: Mommy I want my dadddy
Me: sure baby, we can call daddy
Lyla: No mommy, I want him at our house.
Me: Well baby, daddy is at his house
Lyla: Can he come here?
Me: sure, but not just right now
Lyla: Why does he have his own house?
Me: PANIC ... some mommies and daddies live in difference houses sweetheart
Lyla: Some live together?
Me: yes. There are all kind of families, but what matters is that daddy and mommy love you SO much
Lyla: mommy and daddy love me like "super Mc n cheese"?
Me: I laugh... exactly, we love you that much
Lyla: I want a new house....
Me confused! A new house?
Lyla: Yeah, a pink one with purple flowers and pink windowns and doors... pink everywhere
ME: wow, that will be a beautiful house. Who is going to live in this house?
Lyla: Lyla and mommy and I will make an orange house with brown polka dots for daddy. He is going to love it.
Me: I am sure he will
Lyla: I am going to visit daddy in my mind now okay? Can you just share with daddy the broccoli and ice cream that we bought today at walmart?
Me: Of course baby, we can share
Lyla: Thanks mommy, night night
I hate that she needs know about complicated things like "divorce" but Oh how I love her innocence
4 comments:
What a wonderful, thoughtful little girl! You are doing a great job at explaining such a complicated thing.
Well navigated. And I'd definitely hire her as an interior (and exterior?) designer, any day!
Bea
I know the feeling. I'm sorry that you have to answer these kinds of questions and I know I will at some point. Smooch sort of just goes with the fact that daddy isn't living with us and has never asked why. You are doing a fantastic job!!
Post a Comment