For some reason this blog made me think about my relationships.... not the romantic ones but at all different levels. I will give you a few examples
My ex... if you ask him why our marriage failed he will give you his version... or is it his interpretation? or is it how he really saw things? At this point it really doesn't matter, but for me to be able to co parent with him I had to forgive and forget, for my own sake. The only way I was able to do that is by deeply believing even though we were in the same marriage, he saw it so differently than I did!
My Best friend... We couldn't be more alike but there is one thing we see so differently... MONEY. She recently sent me a text " dont you think that if I work hard I should be able to reward myself with something really nice?"... I said yes, but not when you have to pay so many bills. See, she is a single mother like me, but contrary to me she carries all the fanatical responsibilities related to her 2 beautiful children and life has been REALLY hard on her... and to be honest after I sent her the text message I felt bad. Even though I still believe in prioritizing when it comes to money, I see what she sees... that sometimes a girl needs to give herself a break ( especially when no one else will) !!!!
Lyla... she has so many wants and needs. And sometimes she doesn't see the way I see. In her little mind candy before dinner is seeing as a great idea and I have to break her little heart but showing her the way I see. Now, they are simple issues like candy before dinner, or tv before bed time, but I know it will get much more complicated and complex than that. I hope that I can learn the balance act of trying to make her see the way I see but also try to see things through her prospective and respect her point of view and even learn from it
I know that my emotions get in the way and we may interpret the same thing so differently from one day to another... Most of the times I look at the picture of the 2 of us and my heart skips a beat with happiness. How did I get so lucky and got so fortunate to beat infertility??? some days I look at it and what I see is what is missing, this was meant to be a family of 3... or I see the child that I lost or the ones I still wish to have. I hope that my heartbreaks from the pasts and my hopes for the future don't take away from the clear interpretation of waht this picture means right now... WE ARE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY OF TWO!!
5 comments:
Love this post. It is so true that sometimes the best thing we can do is try to see it from the other person's point of view. (Sometimes I am not so good at that).
Love the picture of you two.
What a pair of beautiful girls! Merry Christmas, momma.
Such a beautiful post! I try to see things from other's points of view, but it is difficult sometime. You have a beautiful family!
Definitely a beautiful family of two. And such good thoughts about perspective. I guess there are always two and if you can teach lyla that you will have done a great job.
Bea
I love this post. You two are beautiful.
Post a Comment