Is that time of the month again... my cycle is coming to an end and my body is screaming: GET READY, AF IS ON ITS WAY!! One more time the realization of another failed cycle makes my heart ache. Sometimes I wish cycles could be naturally shorter (15 days) so I could have my chances renewed more often, but than I remember that this would just mean that I would have my hope crushed more often.
SIL is indeed PG, almost 8 weeks and the baby is due in September. I did my part and called them to congratulate for the new baby. Always the aunty, never the mom!
On the brighter side I finished another chapter of my thesis. I can't wait to be done, but I am making great progress. We finish writing and submit another paper for the journal of neurochemistry. I am pretty happy about it also. Time to go back and try to pretend I am a confident scientist!
Have a good week
4 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry that this cycle didn't work out for you. I think I may be in the same boat in a few days. The UTI really put a stop to all trying this month, so if it worked on the one time we were able to try this month, I will be shocked. Not bloody likely though. Grrr.
Glad to hear you are still progressing on your thesis. There's an interesting podcast on UCSF science cafe that you may be interested in from last week. I think that you would like it. It's all about confidence and feeling like a fake scientist.
My sweet, estamos no mesmo barco... a diferença eh que minha monster esta acabando agora. Outro ciclo recomeça... aiaiai... Mas, tudo tem sua hora... realmente, Deus faz tudo perfeito. Visto que aconteceram muitas coisas esse mes, vamos nos mudar, mudar de fabrica... ia ser meio complicado se o baby tivesse vindo. Deus faz tudo perfeito, nao esqueça disso.
Sua hora (e a minha tambem!!) vai chegar. É tudo questao de tempo e de esperar a vontade do Pai.
Mil beijos, e fique bem!!
I am so sorry, Ci... And I am "sorry" about your SIL, too. It must be very difficult.
I had cousins getting pregnant before I did, I have almost zero contact with them, and it was hard. There is no such emergency exit in your case, I suppose.
Con gratulations on finishing another chapter of your thesis: I envy you for that. I guess I'd never have enough patience to write such a long text, specially when there are all those fru fru stuff you have to include...
Failed cycles stink!
Diving into your thesis and the journal article can be a great distraction. I am working in a paper for Developmental Psychology (top journal in my field), and that is just as stressful as trying to get pregnant!
Post a Comment