Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Still here

Hi ladies

Things are going well with us. Lyla is a sweet baby and I can’t find he right words to express how in love I am. I’ve been very blessed to have full time help. My mom is here and her help is priceless. She cooks and cleans and takes over Lyla’s care after 6 am so I can sleep for 4 hours without interruption!! How lucky am I??? when I wake up I am rested and ready to enjoy my sweet baby.

Breastfeeding:
Still not much milk, I’ve been doing everything that I;ve bee told and still no luck: lots of water, pumping, herbs ... at least I can say that I try. I nurse Lyla for bonding so she can get as much as possible and than offer her the bottle (she usually takes 2 oz). If it is only the bottle she takes up to 4 oz. When I pump I can only 1 oz at a time… a little is better than nothing, isn’t it??
I was using ENFAMIL, but man, it is so expensive. I am not being cheap with my baby , but I did some research and the parent’s choice formula (50% cheaper ) has the same formula as EFAMIL… so I switched to the one equivalent to ENFAMIL gentilase (for babies with gas) and she is doing great. Did anyone use the Parent’s choice formula or other off brand formula??? Any advise???

She is gaining weight (over 8 pounds now) and is looking cuter by the day


Sleeping:

Lyla is like her dad: loves the night!!! She is still sleeping through the day and partying through the night! Fun!!!! The past nights I let them hanging out together and go to bed… my only problem and that I cant sleep, I am afraid that DH will not know what to do… I have to let it go. I don’t know what I am doing either


WORK:

I have to go back to work next Monday. I have only 5 weeks of sick leave and vacation accumulated and those 5 weeks are up (yes, Lyla will be 4 weeks Sunday and I took one week of bed rest). I could take some unpaid time but right now I can; afford and I want to ake 2 weeks off after my mom goes back to Brazil (even though I love having here I want to have some alone time with Lyla before she goes to day care)
I AM GOING TO MISS MY BABY SO MUCH… The past days I’ve been holding her as much and I can, it breaks my hear to go back so soon

DAYCARE:
I went to visit Lyla’s homecare yesterday and spent the afternoon there. I am confident on my choice. Lyla will start first week of June. On hat topic, I am so so tired of people trying to make feel guilty that she is going to the day care. I DON’T HAVE A CHOICE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom keeps looking at Lyla and saying: Poor baby… MIL asks me the most absurd questions such as: do you think that they will feed her??? SIL keeps repeating how she would never send her baby to daycare. Even strangers give me the speech how much better it is for her to stay home with me… I KNOW I KNOW… I am one comment way form loosing my class and ask if any of them offer to pay my bills and sponsor my visa , than I’ll stay home


ME:
I am healing well. The incision still hurts a little but overall I feel great. Except for my body imagine issues. My belly is discussing, I manage to get all the stretch marks in the world on the last few weeks of pregnancy. I haven’t weighed myself yet. Next Wednesday is my follow up with my OB and I’ll see how heavy I still am . I am looking forward to resuming my s.e.x life… it has been a while people!!!!!!!!!! DH said the feels like he is a virgin again LOL… we need a honeymoon.

LYLA:

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:


















8 comments:

Caro said...

Cute!!!

Sorry about the insensitive daycare comments. I guess the assvice never stops.

Ashley said...

I am having the same issues with the whole daycare thing, but I HAVE to work! We have to be able to pay our bills. I know it would be better to have him home with me, but we can't afford it. I already feel like crap about it and all the comments only make it worse. Anyway, as far as you feeling disgusting, I will have to say from the pictures you posted that you look WONDERFUL! :]

Jackie said...

People can be so unhelpful, not to mention, hurtful, with their comments about parenting. You know you are doing what you must and as long as you are comfortable with where your child is going, well, that's all you can really ask for. I'm staying home until Aug 1st after which we could not afford it any more since that will be 2 months of unpaid leave after my paid 6 weeks. It's a tough decision, but one that many have to make. Take care!

Courtney said...

You have a lot going on right now! Good luck with your upcoming return to work, and it has to definitely help that you are feeling so positive about the care you have chosen for Lyla.

She is such a cutie!

Mony said...

Oh Sweetness!
Could she spare some hair for Cooper??!
She's lovely!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!

I couldn't imagine having to go back to work so early, Don't let people bring you down. You are doing what you need to do for you and your family.

Bea said...

Sigh... work already. That has gone too quickly.

As for body image, all I can say is you're looking great in the pics. And so is Lyla!

Bea

N7 said...

First of all, how dare you take such a long blog vacation from us!!! I was wondering where you have been! LYLA IS BEAUTIFUL!!! And Mom looks great also! You are so blessed to have Mom's help and these days are priceless. Glad you are getting those few hours in so you can make it through the day.
Screw everyone who has day care issues. What do they think day care centers are for? TO HELP WORKING PARENTS WHO NEED SOMEONE TO WATCH THEIR CHILD! Some of us need to make money to let our baby have a secure life you know...jeez...
But it does stink you have to go back to work so soon....maternity leave should be for 18 years