I know that women all over the world to this, but being a working mother with a high pressure job is not easy. yesterday I broke down. Lyla woke up with a mild fever, DH stayed home, I had to go to work, I left earlier to take her to the doctor, my boss was pretty upset and said that I am compromising my training... She is taking antibiotics, feeling better. But All I wanted is to stay home with her, but none of us can stay home today (we both have missed a day this week)*. It just breaks my heart to have to take her to daycare when I know that is the reason she got sick to begin with. AT least I am really pleased with my daycare provider, she is just so loving and caring. Everyday I pick her up, Lyla is smiling and happy!
* please I already feel bad as it is , so if you have any nasty comment on how bad of a mom I am, just keep to yourself... she is the most important thing in my life, but I do need to work and I am trying to find a balance between all aspects of my life
On a brighter note, even though she has been sick, she managed to roll from her tummy to her back from the first time on Sunday. I have the video
She is 14 lbs 6 oz and cuter than ever!
7 comments:
i hope she feels better. and you get some relief. she is precious!
I hope she feels better soon. Very cute picture.
Yes, trying to work with a sick child is awfully hard. I think you and hubby are doing the best you can. Sometimes my husband and I take 1/2 days off--I work in the morning while he is with the sick kid; then I come home (or he takes the child to me to work) and then he goes to work. We are both lucky, however, that our bosses (more mine than his) understand. My job is not too stressful, and the main reason why I picked it (I used to be in video production) was that I knew the firm I worked for is very family friendly.
Hope the stress gets more manageable soon!!
And don't worry--you are doing fine!! You are a great mother!!
Feel better soon little girl! You are too cute to be sick :-) And you are a great mother...I can just tell!
So sorry your boss isn't being more supportive. Keep doing what you have to do.
Bea
Thanks for letting me know that you actually do use a bassinet - it makes me more excited to get ours :-) Hope everyone is feeling better this weekend!
Cibele she is an absolute doll baby- so gorgeous!!!! AND SO CHUNKY! lol! How cute!!!!
I am so sorry about the work/sickness situation. You are in such a stinky situation as I will be in myself next month. It's tough and unfair. Your baby should come first but this stupid job thing is causing so many problems that you can't just drop it to stay home for Lyla. And that is so unfair. I am so sorry you have to go through that and I hope little Lyla is blessed with good health forever so youre never in this situation again!!!!! Stressful jobs stink, but they stink even more when you have no time left to take.
I hate your boss :(
And thank you for your comments on my blog :) Swim is in 3-6 or 6-9 depending on the poundage! He's almost 17 pounds!
I hope your little one feels better soon.
Post a Comment