In one week I will say bye bye to my 20's. It seems surreal , I remember vividly asking my mom how old she was and she said : I am 30... now I WILL be 30. I have no problems with age but this birthday feels different. I feel a need to look back, to reevaluate, to regroup... I may sound sad, but I am not. I am just melancholic and nostalgic. 10 years ago I had many dreams and I am thankful that many of them became reality. I had no idea the prices I would have to pay to get there but I can look back and say that and I am proud of myself. I am proud the way I held my own, how I kept my integrity, the way I stayed true to myself and my values . I have many more dreams left in me: old ones that never came to be in the past decade and news ones to this new decade. Eve though I like my 30 self better than my 20 young self, I miss sometimes being that naive (I miss being many pounds lighter as well LOL), because I now have an awareness that stops me from just dreaming for the sake of dreaming, without thinking about the road that will get me there. I will lie if I tell you that I am not scared. I am both scared and excited though. I will bring with me the lessons that I learned, the memories of the good times, the friends I made, the fruit of my hard work and more importantly the ones I love specially my sweet baby girl, the one that I love the most!
Join me in this countdown to my 30's (nov 20th) as I travel down menory lane...
more to come!!!!!!!!!
6 comments:
Hey! Nov 20 is my birthday too....except I'll be turning 31. GASP!!!!!!
OMG, let's celebrate on the 20th!!!!!! Is aw that you also have a bay girl!
I'm approaching 32 in a few months and the 30's are great. I was nervous about it, too, but you will wake up on the 21st and feel no different. It is cliche, but 30 is the new 20!
Having just turned 30 myself, I know what you mean! But you know what? Being 30 is just great!
I loved her Halloween costume, so cute!
I hope you have a wonderful birthday this week, and do something special for yourself - you deserve it!
Hello-
I am an adoptive mom who also experience with the infertility journey.
Our non profit is
http://www.parenthoodforme.org/
Our mission is to provide financial and emotional support to those starting families through adoption or medical intervention.
Please visit our web site and pass the information on.
Thank you for your support.
Sincerely,
Erica Schlaefer
Post a Comment