This has been an incredible week for her. Hearing her "talking' is just amazing, she has also mastered going from crawling position to sitting up all by herself. She can lift up her sip cup and have a drink whenever she wants. She is crawling (just very short distance) but she has clearly figured out how to move her arms and legs to get somewhere. She is still not playing with her feet like many kids do. Does is mean something?
Solids are going well. That girl can eat like a champ. I am loving cooking her baby food and she loves eating it.
As for sleep, she is a terrible sleeper. I am going crazy because she does not sleep. She will not go down until 11 pm. From the moment I pick her up at day care until 9 pm she is all energy. She wants do play and explore her new skills. But from 9 pm tp 11pm, she is sooooooooooo tired, in the worst mood and she will not sleep. I tried let her cry, i tried rocking her, nothing works. By that time we are both having a meltdown. My husband does not get home until 9:30 -10 and i think that is one of the reason. She wants daddy time and she is awake for him. I basically have no times in the evenings to even eat. She is good about playing by herself, but I still can't do much. She wakes up 2-3 times a night, still wants to eat.... On the weekends is no problem because she sleeps until 9 -9:30 and we can sleep in(she thinks she is a teenager) . On week days I have to wake her up to get her ready to daycare and she gets soooooooooooo upset! sometimes I get her dressed, put on the car seat and she does not wake up. I don't know what to do, she ends up most of the nights on out bed, and neither of us sleep well because of it. As a result one of us ends up leaving the bed and sleeping on the sofa. Our nigths are rough and that does not help the mood next day. She is such a happy baby, she does not cry much, is good about playing, but the sleep thing is really killing us in many levels! any suggestions?
I almost forgot, she got 2 theeth... the days of thsi thoothless smiles are almost over!!!!!!!
5 comments:
Congratulations, Lyla!!
BTW, it is easier for them to pronounce "D" sounds than "M" so its most common for them to say Dada first...she'll get there!
Sorry about the sleep troubles. Do you have a bed-time routine? Generally, I try to give her a bath or do some no clothes time, talking to her in more hushed tones. I read her a book. Then we dim the lights, turn down the volume on the t.v. and I breast feed her. If she is still up, we hold her or rock her. Right now we are having similar troubles getting Willow to sleep, but once she is down—she is out for the night. The past two nights we have put her in the crib and she crys for a little bit and then is asleep.
Also, maybe giving her more food a dinner time might help her not be hungry in the middle of the night.
Hope that helps! Really, until they are about 1 1/2, they are kinda are flexible and chaotic at night time routines.
I was gonna say what Delenn said. Baby M does the dadada, mamama, bababa, nanana, sounds. These seem to be babies earliest forms of language and my theory is that is how we got the word dad for father. The father's were feeling left out when the babies were saying things that sounded like mother, bottle, etc so they came up with dad!
I was hoping someone would have a magic sleep answer.
It sounds to me - and I could be totally wrong about this - but it sounds like Lyla might be overtired by the time you're putting her to bed at the end of the day. I don't know quite how to fix this since so much of her day's sleep is out of your control. If only you could at least let her sleep in!
Do you start putting her to bed as soon as you come home or do some vigorous floor-play first? I know with PB, we can't do floor play after 5:30 or he gets too wound up for bedtime. Everything from 5:30 onwards is quiet and relaxed - solids dinner, bath, storytime, singing dancing to soothing songs, watching sun go down whilst sitting on couch with teddy bear, pajama time, milk feed, lullabyes and rocking, down to sleep. No floor. No loud toys. No loud noises or boisterous games. If he starts flapping about with his arms/legs at any stage we do a bit of rocking to keep him calm. He goes to sleep 7:30-8pm, so it's a good 2hrs of being calm and quiet and needs to start before he gets too tired and worked up.
I don't know if that helps at all as perhaps you are already doing all this already. At any rate - hang in there! You must be exhausted.
Bea
Oh, and we don't turn any lights on til after he goes to bed. So he has dim light 6:30-7 and then dark 7 til bedtime. So no bright lights for about an hour before bedtime.
Well done on the speaking, by the way!
Bea
i think bea is right that she is over tired; i think you need to try putting her down early. i'm sure she will cry at first and i know it will torture you, but you all must have sleep or you will lose it. it took piper just 3 days of crying and then she was able to fall asleep easily after that, but you HAVE to be firm and not go to her or it will not work. i know this approach isn't for everyone but it really sounds like you need sleep!
Post a Comment