Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Calling in the experts

A dear friend of mine recently found out she is pregnant. That is her second pregnancy, the first unfortunately she miscarried early on. This time her first beta was strong but progesterone levels were low and she has been having brown spotting. She started in prometrium and levels are now on the normal range. She had her first sono 2 days ago and the doc said she is 5w6d and the baby's heart beat was 101. Her doc said that everything looks good except the heartbeat. She said that the heartbeat was low and gave her a 50% 50% chance. She is very nervous and she wants your opinion about the heartbeat. Do you think it is too low for 5w6d? Any GOOD experience you wnat to share with low heartbeat and successful pregnancy? I would appreciate your help. Please keep V and her baby on your thoughts
Thanks!!!!!

11 comments:

Monica said...

I have been told that anything over 100 is good for that early. In a couple weeks it should be higher....

AwkwardMoments said...

i went to look back to see what MT's heart rate was because I had a U/s at 5w5d. I didn't record it. But My progrestrone lvl's have always been very very low. The pills help. I will say prayers

Bea said...

5w6d is very early. A lot of the time they don't even guarantee seeing a heartbeat at all at that stage. I wouldn't read too much into it until she knows more. A hard wait when you just want a clear yes or no!

Bea

Kelly Hutcheson said...

I'm surprised that they even heard a heartbeat so early and then I'm surprised the doc said a 50/50 chance! I've been told anything over 100 is great!! Lily's heart rate was about the same around 7 weeks so I'd say no worries!

niobe said...

Here's my encouraging story:

Eleven months ago, at 5w6d (or maybe 6w1d) our u/s showed a heartbeat of 103. This morning, I was woken up at 5:00 am by the squealing laughter of my happy, healthy 3-month-old.

DEMummie said...

I had an u/s at 5w6d with my twins. Both their heartbeats were under 110 (102 and 106).

They are now 3.5 years old.

Wish your friend luck and give her my reassurances that it can work out ok.

Here from LFCA

Kate said...

Luke's was 100 at 6weeks gestation, so I really think that 101 is ok, especially for less than six weeks!

Ashley said...

90-110 is normal for 6 weeks gestation. At my 6 week appointment I was measuring either 6w0d or 6w2d (sac and embryo were slightly different) with a heartbeat of 111. I'm now 32 weeks pregnant with a healthy, ornery little girl.

ME! said...

I don't know, but I wanted to tell you I am sending some prayers!! GOOD LUCK to your friend!!

Here from LFCA
www.ttc-wildride.blogspot.com

Larisa said...

The heartbeat we saw for my now real, live 15 month old after 5VF cycles was 100 at 6w3d. As low as 90 is okay this early on. It should increase over the next few weeks. If it's below 100 or so by 7-8 weeks, that is a bad sign.

Wishing your friend the best.

Eva said...

Hi. I have been told that anything over 100 is good, too.
There are many factors that can influence the mesure in that moment.
And more, machines are unreliable. If she is felling well, it's what matters.