Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy early Halloween

I will be out of town for Halloween. I am so upset about it , but it is the main scientific meeting for my research area and they scheduled it for this coming week/weekend. Talk about being family unfriendly. I am excited it will be in San Diego, excited to have some time for myself, to have a big hotel bad and a entire night of sleep with no eminent interruption. But I am terrified about being way from lyla for so long ( 5 days). She will stay with dad. I am confident that he will do a good job , but he has no idea what is coming. He stays with her overnight sometimes , but not more than 24 hours. It will be good for him to be a little idea of how much work it is the day to day thing( I am not expecting any acknowledgment from him that indeed it is hard to do it alone). I have friends lined up to help him in case he needs, Halloween planned, all the outfits organized for each day with the right hair accessory, shoes and socks together, countless instructions, meals planned... She will be okay and will have lots of fun with her favorite person (yes , she s daddy;s girl) but I will miss her so much.
This last weekend I got to celebrate Halloween with her. We had such a great time:
Saturday we went to a bonfire/fall party organized by our church. It was just fabulous. Perfect cool weather, great food, hail ride, horses, trick or treat, pictures... My little one looked so adorable as Minnie Mouse!!!





arts and craft


looking at the horses



waiting her turn to get candy


we finished the day with her falling asleep during the hail ride with a tummy full of candy LOL. How cool is that?

Sunday we went to BOO at the ZOO with some friends and their kids. It was awesome. She really got a hang to the "bagging" for candy deal and she loved walking arround with her little pumpkin getting all kind of treats inside





we also enjoyed many carousel rides and played with the birds





and at the end of the day we got to surprise a few friends with our early Halloween celebration. The reaction of our friends was priceless and I was lucky to get this picture that really represents Halloween!. Imagine opening you door and seeing this cute little mouse!!!!!!!!!!


Now I don't feel that I will be missing out too much because we got to have our very own Halloween and more fun than I thought I could pack in one weekend.

9 comments:

Delenn said...

I am sorry you will be away, but really, you have done a great job in being able to celebrate it anyways! Also, I think you do need a little break away from the day to day!

She looks really cute in her costume!

areyoukiddingme said...

Oh, sooo cute!

I hope you enjoy your break in San Diego. Don't worry about Lyla - her dad won't do anything the way you would do it, but she'll be just fine anyway.

Looks like you already had a great Halloween!

Sarah said...

OMG...CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!!!

christina(apronstrings) said...

OH goodness, she is a cuuuuuutttttteeee mouse. That;s the worst you'll be away from her on Halloween. Not for *her* though-she'll be fine. Try to get some much-deserved rest.
xoxo

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I'm sorry you will be away, but it does seem like you've done a lot of activities to make up for it. They don't really "get" Halloween yet. Plus, you'll get a few days of alone time to get refreshed!

By the way I love the green dress in the portrait you have on the side bar. It is beautiful!

cecisantiago said...

Gente, ela ficou muito fofa de Minie!!Está mesmo uma mocinha sua filhota!!!Uma princesa! Aproveite bem sua viagem, que bom poder ter uma tempinho só para você. Apesar da saudade, aproveite, viu? Estarei daqui torcendo que o sol de San Diego te aqueça o coração (rsrsrs, tomara que tenha sol por lá nesta época!). Mil beijos, Ciça

Amanda said...

What a darling little mouse!!! I'm glad y'all got to hav your Halloween fun together and that you enjoy your little break in San Diego. Lyla will be fine with her dad!!

Photogrl said...

Such a cute little Minnie Mouse!

Bea said...

Oh my goodness - that costume is too cute for words.

Bea