Friday, October 09, 2009

Past, present, and future!

A friend of mine had this update today on his FB profile:

I am saddened to realize old friends sometimes don't have the memories you do and demonstrates you really might have thought you were more than you were!!


I read this over and over again. That is exactly how I feel about my failed marriage: Our memories are not the same and he makes sure to let me know that I was (am) much LESS than I thought I once was (at least for me). That is one of the things that saddens me the most even today: not only the grieving of what will never be , but the doubt about what it once was. Maybe it is about time to focus and TODAY and NOW . The past will be as happy or as sad as each one of us chooses to remember , and the future... oh the future: both scary and exciting!

4 comments:

Caro said...

I think everyone remembers things differently and people who cause the end of a relationship tend to need to remember it as all bad to justify their actions.

What you remember is real, don't let him spoil that. Take care my friend.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I agree with Caro 100% You should remember the good times for what they were and replay those memories to your little girl so that she can understand that there was happiness between her parents!

OHN said...

Scary and exciting is what gets us off our butts and makes life happen :)

You still have YOUR memories..nobody can take those away or change them...they belong only to you.

Today, you need to start making new memories with your wonderful daughter....everything else will fall into place.

Thankful Terri said...

I agree some people may have different memories of the past.

Everyone has there own way to grieve and that includes denial, blame, and anger.

Don't let that discourage you to live for the future.

I can relate to you. My ex- husband always tried to turn the "blame" to me. He told me how useless I was several times. That hurts - but I took the bigger hand and was able to move forward.

Just remember the past how you remember it - and make sure your little one knows she has a mom and dad who love her a lot regardless if they are not together. Its hard.

Hang in there!

It took me several years to let go but when I did I found a true love - whom is now my husband and father to my little girl. Love will happen again.

Live for the furture; don't live in the past !!