Friday, October 23, 2009

A secret wish

Today I went to visit a brand new baby girl, less than one day old... I forgot how tiny and helpless they are when they are first born. I held her and thought about my Lyla, when she was that tiny, a brand new baby, a newborn. I looked at the proud happy parents and thought how I felt, filled with joy , fear, love, insecurity, pride, relief... I kissed her tiny head , inhaled the newborn smell and secretly made a wish: Please God, let me experience this again! and this time let me experience the joys of motherhood without a dark cloud over my head, let me be free to just love and be loved.

I love my big girl, but I miss my tiny tiny brand new baby, less than one minute old.

4 comments:

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Cibele, that is a gorgeous picture! Seriously brought tears to my eyes. I hope you get the chance to experience a new baby again, too.

cecisantiago said...

Oi Ci,
sabe que me emocionou também??!!Linda a foto! Sei que muitas coisas boas estão guardadas pra você!!!Torço por isso!!!Sonho em poder viver essa experiência again, not now, porque ainda quero curtir muito meu pequeno de 02 aninhos! Fé amiga!!! Mil beijos, Ciça

TeamWinks said...

I too hope you get to experience all those things. You deserve it sweetie.

I am blogging somewhere else though. You can email me at armsforanangel@yahoo.com to find out.

Amanda said...

I understand. Even though I know I am not ready right now and I couldn't handle another one now, I want it again one day.