Saturday, November 21, 2009

Feeling the love













Smile, though your heart is aching
Smile, even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky
You'll get by...

If you smile
With your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just...

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just...

Smile, though your heart is aching
Smile, even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky
You'll get by...

If you smile
Through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile...

That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile


Even though My heart is aching, I still can smile!
I am honestly overwhelmed by all the love here and from all friends IRL. I called for help and they came. They cried with me, listened to me, hugged me (real and virtual hugs), they showed up at my door, some with cookies , coffee and prayers, some with groceries to cook for me, some with wine to watch the finale of project runway with me. Some took me for a virtual retail therapy and coffee (thanks JJ). They left me messages of encouragement and sympathy here, at my cell phone, my mail box... They filed my house with laugh and gave me some sense of normalcy. They played with my daughter when all I could do was cry, they left me alone when I needed it. they helped me at work doing some of my research because I felt paralyzed and could not take time off. They bought me cake and balloons, many balloons. They showered me with gifts and came to celebrate . Some of them even bought extra gifts and cards for Lyla to give to me. How sweet is that???
I can’t do this alone, my family is so far way, all I have are my friends and Lyla. All of you helped me to smile today. I cried between all these smiles, but I smile nonetheless. I am forever thankful for all the love!

6 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday. And what an awesome group of friends to help you get through the tough times.

xoxo

lltanderson said...

i'm so glad you have a network of friends to help you. i can only imagine how hard it is to be away from your family.

take it one day at a time, girl. i think of you often and wish you peace and happiness.

Bea said...

Oh my goodness I missed your birthday! Not by much. Happy birthday. I'm so glad you have good friends there to celebrate with.

Bea

Amanda said...

Cibele, I fell behind on reading this past week and I am so, so sorry for what you have been going through. But I am so glad that you have such wonderful friends that made your birthday so great for you. Happy birthday, sweetheart.

hope548 said...

I am so glad you have received so much love from your friends and I'm glad it's given you reason to smile!

kimbosue said...

So glad you had a great birthday! What amazing friends you have!