
My dear blogger friend SERENITY tagged me to the "Beautiful bloggers" meme. Serenity was the first blog I've ever read and I am so happy to have her as my friend. You too rock!
Okay, I am not that interesting but I will try to share some 7 interesting things about me:
- I come from a HUGE Brazilian family.
My mom and dad each have 11 siblings and I am have 30+ first cousins in each side and I am the oldest girl in both side. I still had all my 4 grandparents until 2 years ago. My grandpa died when I was 6 months pregnant, I have an uncle only 4 years older than me and an aunt younger than me . I have a first cousin that is younger than Lyla. Growing up my best friends were my cousins, I did not need anybody else. I felt safe, loved and I did not have to walk on egg shells ... I had some problems making friends outside my family because I could not understand how they did not forgive easily and I did not accept me for who I was. My parents are still in their early 50's and I have a baby bro and a baby sis (she is pregnant, expecting a girl, I so excited). They are all in Brazil, I speak with my parents everyday and talk with the rest of the family periodically . I am so glad that Lyla got to know them last December.
- I always wanted to have a BOY and I got a little disappointed when I found out that I was expecting a girl. I don't know why. I've never been very girly. I've always connected better with my guy friends. I babysat many boys, I did not know if I could dress up a girl all in pink with bowls and pretty dresses... Boy was I wrong, I just LOVE having my girl and it turns out I am much girly than I thought.
_ I (occasionally) put cheese on my cereal. I know, I know... it is gross . I don't even know how it started but I like corn flakes with shredded mozzarella cheese ... I should get a patent for this, it is just genius (or gross with you prefer)
- I lost my virginity on my wedding night at the age of 22... by choice. No regrets
- I work with mice and rats... I do research and I use the rodents as animal models for the disease (Polycystic Kidney Disease) that I work with. I've been doing research since my freshman year in College, add to this 2 years of Masters + 3 more of PhD + 2 of post doctoral training ... I've been in research for forever. I have 7 publications , I seriously need to write a manuscript soon. I am having a serious case of writer's block.
- I go to the movies a lot, I just love all about the experience: te popcorn, the big screen, the noises, otter people's reaction. I like all kinds of movies and I go at least 2 times per month. I love how my mind can focus completely and get involved in the plot and I can forget everything else. I go alone many times and I really don't mind it. My favorite movie is of all times is The Shawshank Redemption . I've seen it more times than I can remember and every time it is like a new movie to me.
- I've been living in the USA for almost 10 years. I miss Brazil, but I not sure if I fit in there anymore...I;ve been here all my adult life. I am tired on applying for visas. According to my family I've been Americanized. I hope that I can get my green card soon. My girl is Brazilian - American (se as both passports, ow cool is that??). It is hard not having any family here, some days I wonder if I am making the right choice to stay here now that it is just Lyla and I.
So there you have it... this is me!
I tag all the beautiful bloggers that I love (some of you have already been tagged that is why I did not add you to my list:
Sarah at "And baby makes 3" .
Amy - A Somewhat ordinary life (private blog)
JJ- Reproductive Jeans. Stop by to give her a hug, she needs extra love now.
Kelly - Life is good
Dr. Grumbles
Neenie - Swim
Everybody else that reads this post
I can't wait to learn more about all of you
4 comments:
Wow - that is a huge family! With all those people around, who needs friends? But I guess it would be different making friends with others with that big a family to come back to.
Good luck writing your manuscript. I do not know that I could get through a PHD.
Bea
Awww, thanks for tagging me! I feel so special! It make take me awhile to come up with 7 interesting things about me - i can think of about 2. lol. I loved your 7! xoxo
i love getting to know these things about you. you are an amazing woman and mother.
I can't think of 7 interesting things about me, but I CAN tell ya a quick anecdote, seeing as how you work w/lab rodents ;-)!
Last week I was changing the rats' & the hamster's cages & I put the rats outside in the bunny hutch for a little while to soak up some fresh air & sunshine. When I was bringing 'em back in (should have only carried 1 at a time), one got away from me - I dropped him & he ran UNDER the porch!
Fortunately I had not fed them, so I baited my small live trap w/rat cubes & part of a granola bar - I had to leave on my errands. Luckily hunger triumphed & he had trapped himself by the time I got back home, what a relief...
Post a Comment