Yesterday I was feeling overwhelmed with the single mom deal. Lyla's mood was less than pleasant, and so was mine.... Then I caught a glimpse of her playing wearing only diapers , with pig tails , still using her paci since she had just woken up from nap and it hit me like a tons of bricks... She will never be 2 years 4 months and 9 days old again and I will never have this day back if I waste worrying about things that are out of my control. Before I know she will be all grown up and no more diapers, no more pig tails, no more paci... We managed to have a wonderful afternoon, laughing, having ice cream, playing, learning, jumping in bed, and helping each other, just the two of us and that was more than enough.
Love you my baby
4 comments:
You all have such great moments together--she is one lucky girl to have you as her Momma!
Wow - you are so zen. I'm glad you were able to turn the afternoon around.
Bea
So true! They put everything in perspective! Even when they're in a grumpy mood!! xoxo
I love it! Being a single mom is tough especially when you didn't plan for it to be that way. I did an almost identical thing on Saturday.
Post a Comment