Monday, October 18, 2010

Gone too soon

It was an ordinary busy weekend until I got a phone call early afternoon Sunday. my sister called and by her voice I could immediately tell something was wrong, very wrong. She told me that my 29 year old cousin, father of three young children was killed in a motorcycle accident early morning. I come from a huge family, my cousins and I were raised together like brothers and sisters. Losing him is almost like losing a brother for me. He was the 4th oldest grandchild out of 30+, I am the second oldest . Last time I went home our kids played together, his youngest was born a few days before Lyla. I keep calling my grandma's house, where everybody is now and on the other line I hear despair, disbelief , sobbing all over. His parents are in shock . I spoke with my uncle , I hadn't cried until then... he cried that soft,painful cry and told me: I hope you never never feel this pain I am feeling now. I lost it, We cried together. For a second i put myself in his shoes and just the thought of losing a child made my head spin and my heart break in tiny little pieces for him. Please pray for my family, and especially for his little ones. They are scared, they can;t understand completely what is going on.... His wife has such a hard job ahead of her. They have 2 children together ages 2 1/2 and 4, the other son is from a previous marriage.

Rest in peace my dear cousin, I am so terribly sorry that you had to go so soon, in such tragic way. You will be missed by many especially your sons


Days like days make my problems so small ... I am alive and able and my daughter is okay, the rest will fall into place

4 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry! May peace be with you during this grieving time. Thinking of you and sending you love and hugs! I'm so sorry!

Bea said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. Much too soon. Peace to your family.

Bea

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

JJ said...

Im so sorry for your loss-sending you lots of peaceful thoughts.