The day I read on the news that 33 Chilean miners were trapped and rescue was still at least 3 months away , I could not phantom how they would survive for so long under such harsh conditions. The days passed and I read how they kept on surviving, reorganizing, creating their micro society, new roles emerged as people worked hard above trying to set them free. Their resilience strong spirit, and positive attitude were such an inspiration. As I sit here at home minutes away from seeing the first miner to be rescued 69 days after they were found alive... I can't help but think about how resilient we all can be when put through trials. We survive, adapt, create new routines, find a new normal until rescue comes our way. Surely we can't do it alone, but it does not matter how much work is being done "up above", how many people are trying to help if a decision to keep on fighting is not made when crises first emerges and keep hoping and trusting just like they did. I praise these 33 men that fought a great fight and today emerge for a deep hole as forever changed men.
I am by no means comparing my fight with theirs , but I do know a thing or two about adapting, reorganizing, creating a new routine ... finding a small place where I feel safe when everything else seemed to have exploded around me . it is amazing how we are all very strong when we need to be!
I heard a quote that said: "if you are going through hell, keep on walking" eventually this too shall pass and better days are just in the horizon

2 comments:
Such a story! We can definitely draw inspiration from those miners. Although you, of course, are way ahead on the learning curve. You have been doing really well, and I know things have improved from what they once were, yet I am always hoping something really special is just around the corner for you.
Bea
I think you're right about the resilience of the human spirit ... we need to take some ownership of that decision, too. And yet, there's a delicate balance of fight and trust that I think we need to strike in order to survive.
Thanks for coming to visit my blog! Your story is inspiring in its own right, you know ... and your daughter is absolutely beautiful.
Post a Comment