Monday, November 29, 2010

Comversations with a toddler!!

Lyla has is a chatter box like her mother. Sometimes iI can't believe the things she says. Here are a few of our conversations:


yesterday she woke up late from her nap, around 5:30.
At 8:00 (her usual bed time) I say
Me : Lyla , it is time to start getting ready for bed.
her: But mom, I just did
Me: you just did what Lyla
her: I just woke up from my nap
I guess she has a sense of time now


Lyla: mom, you are a "plincess"
Me: Oh really, so where is my prince then?
Lyla: I am going to look for your prince
minutes later
Lyla: Mom, is daddy a prince?
Me; no honey, daddy is a frog (I said not even knowing she was paying any attention)
Lyla: Oh

days later daddy comes to pick her up, I open the door and she says: Hi daddy frog!
daddy looks clueless at me. I pretend that I have I have no idea what she is talking about. Inside I am laughing!


We are at church and everybody is quit
Lyla says loudly: Mom, are you happy?
everybody laughs
I whisper: yes baby, mommy is happy
Lyla,: good mommy, Lyla happy too!!!
My heart smiles!


ME: Lyla do what some juice
Lyla: I would love to mommy

So proper my little girl


ME: Lyla lie down, I need to put your pull up on
Lyla: big girls don't lie down mommy.
Me: sorry honey, mommy forgot
She is a big girl indeed!


She spent the day after Thanksgiving at her dad's house. I took advantage to decorate the house. Next day when she arrived, she looked at everything and said: Wow mommy, Santa is everywhere. I love it.... that made my day, she noticed my hard work


I was doing my makeup Lyla comes in and says: Mommy, what are you doing?
Me; mommy is doing her make up.
Her: Can I watch?
she than opened my makeup bas and picks up the eye shadow, blush, power... and asks one by one: what's dat for? can I try.? i explain to her and pretend to put some on her... she looks at the mirror and says: "We are so pletty"!

She also copies everything that daddy does. She was rubbing a soft toy on her face.
Me; what are you doing Lyla?
her: I am shaving mommy, like daddy
(she was pretending that her toy was daddy electric shaver)

I was out of town for 5 days, I told her I was going on a trip
She went to pick me up at the airport and the first thing she said: I wanna see your trip mommy
Me: Baby, trip is not a thing that you see
Lyla now crying: Mommy, I wanna see that big "trip" ... pointing to the airplane
ahahahah

At bed time
Me: good night baby
Lyla crying: I want to stay with mommy
Me; honey mommy is at the living room, it is night night time
Lyla: Lyla dont want mommy to leave
me: I will never leave you lyla, I am right there
Lyla: lyla never leave mommy too
needless to say that I stayed until she feel asleep

our favorite conversation:

me: love you Lyla
Lyla: Love you mommy

3 comments:

Bea said...

Such precious conversations! But oh, you're obviously going to have to be so careful about what you say!

Bea

Somewhat Ordinary said...

They do copy everything don't they?! I am really loving this age right now because they are sponges and their personalities are really coming out. Thanks for sharing these!

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Adorable! I love that you wrote all this out and will cherish it forever!