Friday, December 22, 2006

What matters the most!

I read Sara's blog today and she got me thinking. She reminded me that I still have everything that once made me the happiest woman on the face of the earth: I mainly speak of my husband (drummer boy!). Now I have this void, something is missing, this deep need that pounds deeply into my soul. I can't deny it but I can't also forget that in the meantime I can still be happy. I made a joke today for a friend, I told her I had just woken up at 11 am and that was my "childless couple" holiday tradition. I guess those times will not come back. Maybe someday I'll write a post about how I wish I could sleep in, how hard it is to stay up all night because "Junior" had a cold.
I heard a song today that says: "BUT IN THE HARD TIMES, WHEN YOUR WORLD HAS GONE IN PIECES, YOU PICK THE PIECES THAT MATTER THE MOSTS" ... So, that is what I am going to do for 2007. I'll take with me what matters the most: my faith, my deep love for my drummer boy, my passion for life, family and friends, my hope for better days and deep appreciation for the lessons learned. Maybe the pieces of the puzzle will never fit the same way they once did, but they are still very important in the grant scheme called MY LIFE
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL. MAY OUR HOPE BE RENEWED AND MAY WE NEVER FORGET WHAT MATTERS THE MOST (whatever that is for you!)

3 comments:

Dr. Grumbles said...

very well put

ah yes...hopefully the days of sleeping in on our days off will coem to an end soon!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I read your response on Saras-p and it brought tears to my eyes imagining your husband at the drums knowing that you all were going to be parents. It was very sweet.

Andressa said...

May 2007 bring you all the joys that still lack in your life.
I am glad you're still able to put things in perspective, we have to remember the things that make us happy today, it is hard to lose sight of them while in the middle of the baby making struggle.
Happy Holidays!