Monday, January 15, 2007

when we believe!

I was watching the movie PRINCE OF EGYPT and this song caught my attention

Many nights we've prayed
With no hope anyone could hear.
In our hearts a hopeful song we barely understood.

Now we are not afraid
Although we know there's much to fear.
We were moving mountains long before we knew we could.

Chorus
There can be miracles when you believe.
Though hope is frail,it's hard to kill.
Who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe.
Somehow you will,
You will when you believe.

In this time of fear,
When prayer so often proved in vain,
Hope seemed like the summer birds
so swiftly flown away.
But now I'm standing here(Now I'm standing here)
With heart so full I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.



Lately I have been struggling with the common belief that if you believe hard enough and for long enough whatever you want will come true. I can’t help to hear this and think that it is a romantic way to go about surviving the long wait for whatever it is that one hopes for. And than comes to my mind the question: Isn’t faith the same thing? To believe hard enough that the hope will keep us alive and happy? That there is a miracle waiting for us only IF WE BELIEVE?

People also believe that FAITH will spare us of the pain, of the questions, of the fear. Does it mean than if I still feel sacred and full of questions that I don’t BELIEVE? I DO, I DO BELIEVE…

Please don’t take this message as if I am feeling hopeless or that my journey has been long enough. I am just adapting, growing, maturing … And learning to keep on believing , knowing that it is Ok to hurt sometimes and that miracles do happen, but not because what I do but because who HE is!

5 comments:

Andressa said...

I love the movie and I love tis song, but faith and belief are things I am still trying to come to terms with.
We do believe that if we are good people, that if we treat the others well, pay our taxes and behave properly, nothing bad will happen to us, but that's not really true...

Well, I hope you can find a tiny bit of faith to keep you moving!

Jackie said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I wanted to let you know that I have another blog where I write solely about the infertility. It is hidden from view on my profile because I wasn't ready to share it with all my friends and family. The link is:
www.oscarsplaymate.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Thanks so much for visiting me and commenting. It's so nice to meet another scientist who knows too much and trying to conceive. Also, I am a big fan of Brazil. When did you come here? With only one exception, every Brazilian I have met has been fabulous! And I meet a lot of Brazilians. Our lab has a major collaboration with EMBRAPA working on sorghum and corn genetics of aluminum tolerance in acid soils. Fun stuff.

I'll be back to comment again and look forward to your posts.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

And if infertility doesn't throw out thousands of questions, I don't know what will. Here is the red wine you ordered, my dear. Congratulations on the progress on your thesis. I wish you peace with the decision on what to do post graduation. Bethesda is wonderful and we have so many good IF clinics in the area (plus the national RESOLVE offices are here). And Washington, D.C. is obviously wonderful. Especially all the museums and monuments.

Let me know if you have any questions about the area before/if you move.

Celeste said...

i hear you! i wrestle with this same question. lately i've been trying to shift my focus away from loss and towards fulfillment... it is definitely a new kind of faith for me. i find that the focus on gratitude and abundance makes me happy, where living in the loss makes me depressed and miserable. so when i can, i choose to be happy now!

i'd lost your link for a while, but now, gracas a deus, you're found again! :o)

like jackie, i have a blog elsewhere that is hidden from friends and family. it's titles one long yarn, but it's at: http://light-of-unity.livejournal.com.