After 4 years in pharmacy school + 5 years in graduate school… I am done!!!!!!!!!!! As you may know I defended my thesis last month but this weekend will be my graduation. The entire weekend dedicated to celebration, happiness, laughter and joy!!!!!.
Tomorrow I will have a party, 50 guests, (it will at a friend’s house) DH’s band will play, lots of Brazilian food and plenty of drinks. Saturday it will the hooding ceremony and Sunday the commencement. I had a great time shopping for all the events LOL and DH is not so pleased with my final shopping bill. Oh well, I will only get a PhD once. I am bit sad that my family could not be here , but I have DH and whole bunch of friends that helped me to go through this journey . I am so grateful for all the support I got and I am happy to share this moment with the ones that have been there for me.
My hope is that I’ll be able to put my IF aside and can concentrate on the other blessings in my life. I have so much to be thankful for but unfortunately this whole quest for a baby makes me forget about the rest .
There is a song from Mike and the Mechanics that reach caught my attention this week.
A Beggar On A Beach Of Gold
I didn't know when I was lucky
Discontented feeling bad
Filled with envy
For possessions other people had
I found my pride had always hurt me
Fought the world to gain control
Not realizing
I was sitting on a beach of gold
Oh lord I'm a poor man
With all the riches I can hold
I'm a beggar
And I'm sitting on a beach of gold
The problems I encountered
Gave me strength helped me sustain
To know the pleasure
First I had to cure the pain
When I was searching for solutions
I found the answer lay in me
I'm a drifter
But I'm drifting on a silver sea
Oh lord I'm a poor man
With all the riches I can hold
I'm a beggar
And I'm sitting on a beach of gold
I’ll come back after my long weekend is over
7 comments:
Have a great weekend.
What a party!
good for you not letting IF rule your life. this weekend is a big moment for you and you totally deserve to soak it in so by all means lock IF away in a steel box somewhere. you know it will be there waiting for you when you come back to it. have a great weekend!!
Huge Congratulations to you hun. What an accomplishment. I hope you have the most wonderful weekend.
Enjoy your celebration. You've earned it!
Yay! Congrats and have a blast! Cant wait to hear about your fun weekend!
Congratulations - that is awesome!! I hope you have a wonderful time with your weekend - you deserve it - Dr. Cibele!
Thanks too for all of your kind comments!
Enjoy your weekend, Cibele - you deserve it!
Post a Comment