to to show you how good of a baby Lyla is... as soon as she feels a little better she smiles like nothing is wrong at all
*********************************
Update
When I was pregnant I called the doctor's office all the time. One nurse I said I was very demanding, but I did not care. I learned to trust my instincts and fight for Lyla. Nos as I mother, I feel the same way. I call the doc's office all the time and I am sure they call me demanding, but I don;t care. Lyla's was or her 4th day of antibiotics, even though she does not have a fever she is not sleeping well and crying a lot. I called the doc's office just to see if they want to follow up her progress. I thought twice if I should call or not since she was there on Saturday. I am glad I did. Lyla is resistant to this new antibiotic as well. It worked last time after trying one that did not work. They are changing her to a much stronger antibiotic, a combination of 2 different ones. I am so upset with this news. I wonder if I should ask for a second opinion but at the same time her hearing can be damaged if this infection as not taken care of asap. She has a perforated ear drum, poor girl, no wonder she is crying so much. The doc said that it would heal itself but she wants to keep a closer eye on her and see her every month . I was told that is very common in children that go to daycare, because they catch the "bugs" that are already very resistant to antibiotics . I feel so guilt that she has to be exposed to this. The good news is that her lugs are clear and she is not losing weight (17 lbs 4 oz) , still has a great appetite.
I was told to expect diarrhea and tummy problems , great!!!!!!
My poor baby
5 comments:
Can you take a day off and REST? It sounds like you need it.
Hugs and the hopes that you all get better soon.
xx
Sooooo glad to hear the Prevacid is working...it's like a miracle drug, right? Hope she gets feeling better soon!
I am glad things are working now for you. That just sounds awful
Ava is on prevacid too and it works well. ((Hugs))
I hope things start getting a little easier for you! It's a horrible feeling when our babies aren't doing well. It will get better!!
Yuck, I hope the new meds work for Lyla, and quickly! I understand the guilty feelings about being at work and not at home with her. I go through the same thing. But we just have to remember that we are doing what we have to do for our babies.
Post a Comment