Thursday, October 09, 2008

six-month checkup

Lyla had her six-month checkup this week. She is 18 lbs and 13 oz (90 percentile) and 27 inches (85 percentile). I can't believe that she has grown that much. She went from not even being on the growth curve to this. She grew 10 inches in 6 mounts, that is so crazy. Her personality is coming alive as well. She is funny, active, curious. She loves staying on the floor exploring new toys. She also loves the exerSaucer and the Jumperoo. She can sit up with assistance. She stay on crawling position and can go backwards. She is still not a good sleeper. She goes down at 8 pm, stays asleep for a while and as soon as her father gets home , at 9:30 or so she gets up. They have their bonding time and she will not go down again until 10:30. She is like her father, loves the night. She wakes up once a night still to eat. The good thing is taht she likes to sleep in, if I let her, she will sleep until9:30. Now she started crying when I take her to daycare in the morning when I leave. the rest of the day she is happy. When I get there to pick her up she is so excited. I am always great ed with a big smile. We also started on solids. I've tried some different stuff , she liked sweet potato, green beans, apples and bananas. She loves fruits with oatmeal. I've been cooking my own baby food, and so does her babysitter. She is having solids once a day. Sicne she has some gas problems I chose to have the baby sitter feed her solids for lunch. I would LOVE to do it, but I have to do what is best for her. I am still very pleased with my daycare provider and that helps me to go to work, knowing that she is being well taken care of.




7 comments:

Delenn said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Lyla!

Wow, she is such a Cutie!

Sarah said...

I love the angel jammies!!! Where did you get those!?!?!?!?!? She is too cute--happy half birthday sweetie!

Amanda said...

Cute cute cute!!! Good job growing, baby girl! We are a bit jealous, but not in a bad way :)

I love the pink angel romper too!!!

Dr. Grumbles said...

That is great she is doing so well and you have a great daycare provider!

christina(apronstrings) said...

she is a doll. grow lyla grow!

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Will you send me another invite to your other blog? I'm getting an error everytime I try to login.

Kelster5@aol.com

Bea said...

Sounds like she is doing very well! And glad you're happy with your day care.

Bea