In the past year I've lost many friends and totay I got the news that yet another one is gone. When I was 12 weeks pregnant I lost a great friend from church here . Eldon was a father figure for my husband and I here in the United States... After a long battle with brain cancer he was gone and he never met Lyla. Than Last December my grandfather, my dearst grandfather died. I was devastated, I was his first grandchild out of 30. He helped my mother raise me when my father walked out on us , he was funny, loving, caring, full of life. My childhood was the best I could have had in great part because of him. Lyla was his 10th great grandchild, but he never met her. Last Monday I got the terrible news that the father of one our best friends in Brazil died of an heart attack. Growing up he was like a father for my husband. I'll never forget how happy he was the day we got married. He called us when Lyla was born, but she will never meet him. Than today, today I got the most horrible news. Our pastor in Brazil was shot in the chest by a guy that was trying to break into his house. He was doing okay , the bullet missed major organs and he we were told that he would be fine. Last night a blood clot traveled to his lung and he died. My husband is devasted. He married DH parents, baptized DH and his brothers, was there when DH's father died, married us and his brothers. It is so sad to see he go like that, victim of the brutal violence that is growing more and more in my country. Yet another great man that my daughter will not have the honor to meet. I hope that she will have the privilege to meet many great mnn like these that are gone. I learned many lessons from them and I will forever miss each one of them
Dear pastor, I know that today you are in better place. Thanks for being such a role model, an example of integrity and passion for his ministry. You left a life long impact in our lives.
11 comments:
God, it seems like you are having stress and sadness from every angle!
I gave you an award.
http://momofonefornow.blogspot.com/2008/11/you-love-me-you-really-love-me.html
Cibele, I am so incredibly sorry.
i'm sorry for your loss.
My deepest condolences on the loss of someone so important in your life.
I am so sorry. You and his family will be in my thoughts.
Oh how very awful. I am so sorry, Cibele!
I'm so terribly sorry! Please accept my deepest condolences.
I am so, so sorry to hear this, sweetie. Sending big hugs to you...
I am so sorry sweetie. What a tragedy.
So sorry for your loss. A tragedy indeed. Isn't it terrible how the world works sometimes?
Bea
I am so sorry to hear about this Cibele- this has to be so difficult for you in so many respects. All i can do is send you bug huge hugs from me & Swim
Praying for you always :)
Post a Comment