Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Forgiveness

This story spoke vollums to me. Please read

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/fashion/03love.html
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34909824/ns/today-the_new_york_times/


http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34909824/ns/today-the_new_york_times/


Forgiveness it a hard thing to do. Forgiveness has many layers and does not equal forgetfulness of even acceptance. It is letting it go for your own good because it gets very heavy to carry them on your back day in day out. When you are a mother, you have to swallow your pride over and over again and make decisions on their behalf, what is best for them. Sharing Lyla is hard, I hate that she has to be always missing either mama or daddy, I hate the lonely nights all by myself. But I know that what is best for her . She adores her father and he loves her so... It is all so complicated, so delicate, I have to forgive him on the daily basis to be able to share custody , I have to look at him just as Lyla's dad, forget the past and focus on her, and as long and he is a good father to her I will try my best even though it is so exhausting

4 comments:

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

That must be really hard, but you are doing the right thing for Lyla. XOXO

OHN said...

Wow. That is a powerful story.

On the days that Lyla is with her father, could you do something special for yourself? Even if it is something as simple as splurging on a pint of ice-cream and a chick flick for the quiet time.

If she is safe and happy, then you deserve to be too.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Wow, that story is very emotional.

Forgiveness is very, very hard and I struggle everyday to find the strength to forgive.

Bea said...

Gosh, what a beautiful story. You're right that forgiveness is a very hard thing, but also a very big thing in the life of your daughter.

Bea