Wednesday, May 16, 2007

8 random things about myself

First of all, I am so glad that many of you decided to quiz your husbands. It is amazing how creative they are LOL. The great thing about all of this is that for the first time hobby got truly interested on reading the posts. He even asked tonight: did any other guy take the test??? Thank you all for sharinf and for the laughs!!!!!



“Hopeful to Hateful in 28 days” tagged me to list 8 random things about myself. Here goes:

1) I am Brazilian, born and raised in Fortaleza (Northeast coast of Brazil). I moved to Kansas (out of all places, don’t ask me why) 6 years ago.
2) I don’t fit some of the Brazilian’s stereotypes : I am far from being the “girl from Ipanema” (perfect tan body), I am a bad dancer (don’t ask me to teach how to dance Samba) , never visit the Amazon jungle and I am not Catholic ( I am Presbyterian)
3) I am a scientist and love love what I do (biomedical research). Just got my PhD
4) My family is huge. I have 1 brother and 1 sister, 8 uncles and 4 aunts (mom’s side) and 7 aunts and 3 uncles (dad’s side, 32 first cousins from my mom’s side and 28 on my dad’s side . Imagine buying gifts for that many people when I go back home!!!!!!!!
5) I am married with a drummer /sound engineer/producer. I met my DH 10 years ago at church and he proposed over the phone . We got engaged at the airport in Kansas 4th of July (long story… I’ll save it for next post)
6) I learned how to speak English in 8 months.
7) I only got my driver’s license when I was 24 ( I was very sacred to drive, after many tears, therapy and moving to a city with no public transportation , I conquered my fear)
8) I am the result of an unplanned pregnancy, biological father walked out and mom was brave enough to have me alone. Thankfuly, She met the man of her dreams (my dear dad) when she was still expecting me. I never met the guy and don’t have any desire to. I have the best dad in the world!!!!!!!!!!!! In addition, I was born in 1978, the year that the first "test tube" baby was born I guess that was a sign of things to come

I tag

Nicole
Sara S P
My reality
Serenity
The oneliner
A Somewhat Ordinary Life
Hope 548
ultimatejourney

Let us know 8 random things about you

15 comments:

Baby Blues said...

Interesting random thoughts Cibele! Thanks for sharing it. I'm still having a hard time coming up with mine.

Changing Expectations said...

Hi Cibele! It is nice to meet you. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I loved your husbands answers and the eight things about yourself. I can't imagine buying gifts for all of those cousins! Wow!

ultimatejourney said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you learned to speak English so quickly. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your engagement story!

M said...

Great facts about you! :) I'm a new reader found by ....hm...I don't know how I found you but I did! :)

Dr. Grumbles said...

Hmmm...what can I share that I haven't shared already? I need to get thinking!

Nicole said...

Alright, the meme may take me a few days, so give me til the end of the weekend, OK?

It's so good to see a scientist who truly loves their work.

One View said...

I'm impressed that you learnt English in 8 months as well. WOW! And you got engaged over the phone?? Curious to hear more...

I have a pretty big family as well. I have 7 uncles, 5 aunts & I haven't counted how many cousins I have. But most of them don't live close by so we don't see them much.

Carrie said...

Learning a foreign language in eight months! Hats off to you. I just can't master languages. I've tried so hard but I'm truly useless.

I have a tiny family. I'd like to be from a larger one but all those cousins. Isn't it confusing?

M said...

Wow....I loved reading about you. One that caught my eye was the "dad that walked out". My bio dad walked out too but after I was born and from the time I was one I was raised by my dad and have no desire to meet bio.

dmarie said...

From Brazil to Kansas--now that had to be a huge change for you! I am also impressed with you learning another language so quickly. Wow!

Sarah said...

hey, thanks for commenting on my blog, it's always great to "meet" another blogger. and by the way, it is very hard not to ask why you moved from brazil to kansas!

and if it makes you feel better, i didn't get my license until just before i turned 30!!! LAME. but i grew up in DC, so that's my excuse.

look forward to checking back in with you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag, Cibele!

I also got engaged over the phone. Not the most romantic of things, but it worked.

JJ said...

Thanks for sharing! Thats amazing you learned english in 8 months--and thats awesome about your job!

hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

You've started quite the trend with that quiz. It is fun to get our husbands involved!

Thanks for sharing the 8 things!

JW said...

Lovely list!! Clever lady with the PhD! And I can't wait to hear the engagement story... x