My husband always complains that he can't understand my posts because they are too "technical", meaning that he can’t understand all the abbreviations such as (DPO, CD, IUI, POAS and so on…) He usually comes up with his own translations…and I end up laughing my a$$ off. Today I decided to quiz him. The result is a "F" for knowledge but an "A+" for creativity
AF – ABNORMAL FEELING
IVF – IN VITRO FERTILIZATION
IUI – INTRA UTERUS INJECTION (almost got this one)
IF – INFILTRATION
PG – PER-GOOGLE
TTC – TRYING TO CONCEIVE
DPO – DEEP PURPLE OBJECT
BFP – BODY FULL OF PLEASURE (He said that is something you scream after sex) LOL
BFN – BODY FEELING NAUSEOUS
POAS – POSITIVE OUTLOOK AFTER SEX
OPT – OPTIONAL PRACTICAL TRAINING
CD – COMPACT DISC
BD – BASS DRUM (he is a drummer)
2 out of 13... I love him for trying and for making me laugh when all I want is to cry!!!
How do you think your husbands would score???
21 comments:
My husband?
Less than 2! Trust me, you have a winner if he could figure out this much. (And his AF was kind of on the money)
That's funny! Tonight my hubby commented that he hoped my epidermis was thicker. I asked him if he meant my endometrial lining and he said "yeah, same thing..."
Actually, infertility has made my epidermis thicker too.
This is so good! I'm going to try it. I'm expecting a low score, believe me.
I'm sure all my husband hears is "nah na nah na baby na nahnh" Recently after out IVF consultation I asked him to share his understanding of the process. It was laughable, all he could remember really was they put some in the freezer!
And Hopeful to Hateful in 28 days... What a great comment.
That's hilarious, I love your husbands answers. As for mine I think he'd struggle to get one as he prefers not to talk about it.
Those are too funny! Now you've got me wondering how my hubby would do.
I think mine would have done worse than yours.
That's hysterical! Too cute!
I refuse to play the game Battle of the Sexes with my husband, because he remembers everything...unless it involves something that starts like, "Honey, can you....." I'll have to give him the test, and check back in with you!
I don't even think M would get TTC. I'll have to quiz him - too funny!!
HAHAHAHA--I LOVE IT! What a fun idea=) This just makes me giggle--I am sure Mook would have an iffy score=)
Wow that is so funny...he made me laugh too. Those are great.
I think my hubby would be in the same boat...and would most likely conjure up some creative meaning.
Thank you so much for sharing.
My husband would totally flunk!
Your husband is very creative and funny. I know for sure that Josh would get two....maybe three if he was really on his game. I'll have to quiz him tonight.
I know he'd get IVF and IUI because we just finished our third IUI and have been discussing our move to IVF.
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com
OH my gosh this is hilarious.. :) :) I've never asked my hubby but I think I'm going to have a good laugh trying.. :)
Love it! I just may have to try this!
That's hilarious! You're hubby was quite creative coming up with his answers. I think I have to quiz my hubby too.
That is hilarious! What a great idea.
as you know, my hubby failed miserably! lol great idea!
per google is pretty funny, he knows how obsessed we get about asking doctor google...
Cibele:
I totally loved this post. I will have to get my husband to fill it out although he might just scowl at me...
I'm not sure if I ever sent you a message to congratulate you on successfully defending your thesis. So: Congratulations!!!
It's such a huge accomplishment-I hope that you are able to enjoy life as a post-doc and get some "special" time for yourself and your husband.
Best wishes-Jackie
Hilarious! My wife and I are new to the process and still learning the IF speak, so we can relate. I wrote up a quick male version that you or your husband may want to check out.
http://www.fertilefrank.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment