Tuesday, August 26, 2008

my life as a mom! ups and downs

The antacid is not working.. she is getting worse, crying , spitting up even more, very uncomfortable. My poor baby is suffering. During the day she is good but at night she in inconsolable for at least 2 hours before she finally falls asleep. Surprisingly she is sleeping better, much better. Sleeping on her tummy seems to make the pain better . I am still nervous about it and keep a close eye on her all nigh long. Doctor told me to give at least one week and if she is not any better we are going to change meds.

Last week was so bad, so much family drama (with in-laws)!but the weekend was very good. the best I've had in a while. Friday DH lyla and I went out for dinner and after that when she was asleep on her can seat we went to the movies. She slept the entire movie again!!!!!! good job baby. That is the third time that she lets us see the entire movie. Saturday I wet for a stroller ride with Lyla and after that I left Lyla with DH and took a few hours for myself. It felt so good to be alone. I love them to pieces but they suck the life out me sometimes. I went shopping, for a coffee, to borders to check out some books... just what I needed. I felt like a new woman. I came back home happy and recharged. Sunday I went to a baby shower and after that my dear friend L volunteered to baby sit Lyla and we went ot the movies again!!!!!!! let me tell you, DH and I LOVE going to the movies and to go twice in one weekend was just amazing for us!!!!!!!!

Things at work are much better. I finally started making progress on my research and my boss seems to be less stressed. I also had a pleasant surprise in the morning. I fit in one of my pre pregnancy jeans! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still very much out of shape, but I felt like myself again wearing my old clothes.


here some pics of the weekend















8 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish the medicine would work for Lyla...once they find something that works, it's amazing the difference in them! Congrats on fitting back into your pre-pregnancy jeans...doesn't it feel wonderful! Claire and I have been walking at night lately too to try to "firm" up ( :

Kate said...

Good for you for taking some time for yourself!!

AwkwardMoments said...

What a great weekend. i do hope the meds start working or you find a solution soon.

Grats on the jeans fitting!

momofonefornow said...

We had the same trowing up issues with my little bean. Night time was the worst and he spit-up/threw-up all the time. This went on until he was 2 and a half. My mom finally figured out that he was allergic his formula and liquid milk. We cut that out and he has been fine ever since. Kids are so complicated! I hope they figure it out soon so that you can all get enough rest.

S said...

She's so cute. I hate that the medicine is not working for her! Glad you guys had a fun weekend!

Hope said...

Your daughter is adorable. You have to do something nice for yourself, it's a must!

Amanda said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend! Hubby and I used to go to the movies all the time, pretty much every weekend. We have been to one since Brooklyn was born. So I am a little jealous!

I can relate to the reflux problems. I hope they find the right meds for Lyla so that she can sleep and you can too! We are still struggling with that and Brooklyn is on max doses of 3 different meds for it now with no results. :(

Bea said...

Jeans fitting! I'm jealous!

As for the rest - definitely ups and downs. Hope you get the reflux under control, but the rest sounds - and looks - great!

Bea