Tuesday, August 05, 2008

we survived

It was very hard, but we did it. DH's friends showed up and helped us a lot on Saturday. Lyla did so good, she took a few naps during the day that allowed me to do a lot. When she was awake she stayed on her swing just seeing what was going on. Once they were done taking all the big stuff I took her to new place, tried to make some room for her and she slept for 3 hours , giving me ths change to get lots done. Sunday morning she was also great, set on her swing watching me putting things way.. but by Sunday afternoon she could not take any longer, she needed attention... I had to drop everything and concentrate on her. I took the day off yesterday, took her to day care and went to the old place to clean. I spent 5 hours cleaning, OMG... I am glad I am done with that. I still have lots of unpacking to do. I am super excited that I got all new furniture for the leaving room. I am also glad I am having a second chance to put Lyla's room together. I was in bedrest and people had to do it for me, but now I am enjoying putting things away, decorating the nursery, it is so much fun!!!!!
Yesterday I went to pick up Lyla and her nanny had cooked dinner for us. Can you believe that? she is so sweet, I love her and I am so glad that I found her.

Yesterday was also Lyla's 4 month appt. She did great. Doc was impressed with her growth: 16 lbs (90 percentile - from 75 last time) and 25" (75 percentile - from 50 last time). She is very active , now rolling from tummy to back and this weekend figured out the other way around . And she has 2 teeth coming out already. OMG!!!!!!!!! she laughs out lout and is very social... she is so busy nowadays, that is how I caught her today... trying to escape




she also graduated to her big girl bath tub... she loved it







my little girl is changing so fast, I want o freeze time... everyday is a different milestone and I need to register her so one day I can look back

2 comments:

sara said...

I'm glad you were able to get so much stuff done. It's so cool that you got such joy out of decorating her nursery - especially since you weren't able to do everything you wanted to while you were on bedrest. I know what you mean - there's so much I want to do, and might not be able to right now. But seeing your pictures of her make me realize what is really important ahead and that's being a good mom to a little girl! So thanks for sharing all the good things to look forward to - it really lifts my mood these days, seeing your little girl. Congrats on a great appointment and I know that there will be many more ahead! ((hugs))

N7 said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MY WONDERFUL & ADOABLE OUTFIT!!!!! I WAS SO EXCITED AND THAT WAS SO SWEET OF YOU!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :)
Um...OMG Lyla is such a chunky monkey I want to just EAT those little legs!!! What a perfect and healthy little marshmellow!
So happy to hear you got everything done without a problem! Thats a tough task with a newborn and you did a sweet job~ thank goodness for that 3 hour nap!!!