Friday, February 06, 2009
RSV
do I need to say more? actually yes... RSV + bilateral ear infection with right ear perforated . F%&$%$%$%. She has been off antibiotics for only 7 days. Doc was very concerned and if she does not get better she may be admitted. They did the most horrible procedure. They brought a machine to aspirate all mucus out of her. they offered for me to leave the room, but I could not leave her alone. Boy oh boy, it is brutal. They took so much stuff out of her. She screamed, bagged for mercy , momma momma, momma save me.. just plain awful. Se felt much better after it, but I am still weak on my knees. Being a parent is not for the faint of heart. Tomorrow we come back for more. We were sent home with instructions to use saline + aspirations every hour (torture as well) and start on antibiotics as soon as possible. She has lost 2 pounds since her 9 month check up. She is not eating much, today she only wants gold fish crackers and a little formula. She is now watching some cartoons because mommy needs to breath for a second.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
This is just awful
Sick babies get whatever makes them happy - even if it's cartoons all day. So sorry to hear this. I hope she's better soon, but at least they know what's wrong. And since RSV is so common, they know how to treat it. Be strong.
Oh hon. This is just what you did not need. I am so very sorry for Lyla! Poor girl!!! You and your mommy need a vacation in a warm anti-viral place!
I hope you both get some rest. Wishing for the best for you, my friend.
oh no, poor baby! poor mama! if your jerk boss gives you any crap for taking care of this i will personally come kick his ass!
I was thinking about your boss when I read this. Do you think the doctor would write a little note on your behalf explaining how sick your child is? It might actually reach the heart of your boss.
Wow- she just can't catch a break! I'm so sorry for the RSV, and the ear infections/perforation. The poor little girl. The suction is just awful, isn't it? I had to do it when my little guy was in the hospital and he hated it. I think it's harder on us than on the baby- since they are too young to remember, but it's one of those things that just stays with us. Poor babe.
Poor, poor baby!!!
Josh never had RSV but he did have that sucker thing once. It was terrible.
OMG, how horrible and scary. I hope she is better SOON.
Post a Comment