I seem t lack the ability to keep my baby healthy, she is sick yet again.My boss yesterday had a 2 hours long conversation with me. He told me he was very disappointed that I miss led him when he hired because I was pregnant and did not tell him. I wasn't , but according to him I was panning , so I should have told him. He also told me that I need to work weekends and nights... after all my house is not big and I have only one child, I must have free time after Lyla goes to bed. He said: I overheard you saying you went to the movies last weekend, you should have used this time to work. And he went on... I know you have your "situation" right now but you should give more of my time to work.. you've had lot of drama since
i hired you, a baby, death in the family,lyla gets sick all the time an now this... " He then set deadlines, I have to write a paper by the 23rd of this month. And I was going to ask for some time off. Imagine if I call that Lyla is sick and I need to be home?
I think is time for me to start looking for another job. My biggest limitation is visa and I dont't know how much more change I can handle right now.
9 comments:
Que chefe é esse? Tá mais pra monstro!!!!Como assim trabalhar finais de semana e quando Lyla dormir? Eu,hein? Deus me livre. Acho que vc está certa em pensar em mudar de emprego...sei que não devemos misturar vida profissional com vida pessoal, mas um mínimo de humanidade é esperado de um chefe!!!Mil beijos e vai amadurecendo a idéia....Ciça
Oh gosh, Cibele. That man is HARSH. I hope you can find another job, cuz this guy is an a--hole!
You really need a break too!!
Sorry Lyla is sick again. It seems that some baby's are set to be sick--my son was the same--always sick his first couple of years. It does get better.
Well, that guy sounds like a jerk. First, you're supposed to tell him about your personal life. Then, you're not actually allowed to have a personal life. Yes, I'd probably be looking for a new job.
I hope the baby is feeling better soon.
your boss is an ASS!! i'm so mad at him!!!! maybe you do need to work somewhere else. this is borderline discrimination against mothers in the workplace!!
hope sweet girl is better soon and good luck with all this!
Firstly it is the law that a boss is not allowed to ask you ANY personal information (which is just about anything about your real life away from work).
I agree that it is time to look for another job. I have no idea how things work with work visa's but you should speak to someone who knows...an attorney maybe or immigration official..not sure. Anyway, they will be able to put your mind at ease about how long you can take looking etc. I think it will settle your nerves a bit and you will be able to think more clearly about where you are headed.
I generally lurk on your blog, but had to comment on this post. Your boss? Is a jerk. You are only truly obligated to work during your mutually agreed upon schedule. He really is on the borderline of discriminating against mothers. I would totally look for another job...
As for Lyla being sick. This is a really bad winter (at least around my neck of the woods) for sickness. There are a lot of adults around me that can't stay healthy! Not to mention that it's been a while since my daughter has had a full class at daycare due to illness. I hope Lyla feels better soon!
Oh, Cibele. Seriously, how much sh*t is the universe going to pile on you right now?
I agree with the others about your boss - laws dictate that you are under no obligation to tell him anything about your personal life.
Hugs. I think of you often, am sending you strength vibes and hoping that you get cut a break SOON.
xxx
Your boss is treading on very dangerous ground. I think you need to go to your HR and let them know what he said. The discrimination is not borderline - it's blatant. He cannot ask you questions or make comments like that if he woudln't also ask them of a male worker. The law is VERY clear on that. PLEASE e-mail me if you need any help, ok? There are agencies that will protect your rights.
OMG your boss is such a jerk and it's furthermore....it's illegal to discreminate against pregnant women...hello by him telling you that comment about you misleading him that is bull. I'm praying your little girl gets better and that doors open for you to get a better more flexible job in your near future.
Post a Comment