She is playful, active, curious, loves people watching, music, loves books and her toys. She plays alone as long as she can see me. She used to be very outgoing and will go even to strangers, but in the past month separation anxiety has hit in full force. Now , she will give people smiles and make cute faces as long as I am holding her. On the eating front, she eats like a champ. I still give her some Gerber food occasionally when I am running to late, but she usually eats table food. Her new favorite thing is yogurt. The other favorites are still avocado and bananas, noodles, grill cheese, pears, Cheerios, gold fish, sweet potatoes, chicken... and of course her formula. She still loves her bottle and still wants to eat during the night. I am trying to cut this habit but has been very hard. She is a terrible sleeper LOL, my girl things she is a teenager. She will not go to bed until 10 pm, wakes up 2 times , but does not wake up until 9 pm or so (when we are home). She thinks her crib is for play time. Part of this is my faulty. Those 11 months have been very hard and many times I've taken the easy road just because I had so many other fights going on. She cries and take her to my bed, then it became permanent. Yes, we sleep together. It is just the 2 of us here, I feel lonely, she feels lonely. I know is not ideal, but we are in survival mode. I am not the mother I though I would be. I am trying to do my best here, but I really did not plan on being a single mother and that has affected both us. Anyway, back to her. She is a happy baby, but has a very strong will. OMG, changing diapers has become a wrestling match. She knows what she wants and she goes for it. She wants to turn on and off the tv all the time. She wants to get in the fire place LOL,she wants to be by the window and see what is going on outside, she wants my cell phone and the remote control. On the talking front , she "talks" a lot, but I have no idea what she is saying LOL! She says momma, dadda , papa (dadda in Portuguese), yummy... and her favorite word: LYLA. Is the cutest thing ever. She also says some words in Farsi, her baby sitter's language. Doc said she might talk late since she is exposed to 3 languages. She is almost walking, I can't wait. She has 3 teeth and 2 more coming out. Her hair is so long, I need to give her a hair cut. She still looks like her dad, but I see lots of me o her already... she is changing , growing, blossoming into an amazing big girl. I love her so much and I so thankful that I am her mommy.
Happy 11 months my baby,
9 comments:
Oh look at that sweet girl!! How beautiful--I love her long hair!
Happy Almost One Birthday, Lyla!!
Meu Deus, quando foi que ela fez 10 meses????Nem vi passar...o tempo voa mesmo!!!!Daqui a um piscar chega o 1 aninho! Não se culpe por não fazer o ideal...tenho tentado de tudo pra tirar meu filhote do nosso quarto/nossa cama. SEMPRE achei o fim da picada colocar filho na cama com os pais....e cá estou eu "pagando a língua"...imagine vc nesta situação. Sem falar que ele comia excelente e agora está um sacríficio, cheio de manias, iogurte no meio da refeição pra ver se conseguimos umas colheres a mais e por aí vai (coisa que sempre condenei também). E por aí vamos na escola da maternidade, aprendendo a cada dia com eles. Lyla está MUITO fofa!!!Mil beijokas na bochecha linda dela!!Bjo pra vc, Ciça
she's gorgeous and you're doing a great job!!
i do think she will sleep better if you put her to bed earlier. it would be hard to make the transition from sleeping together but i know you need you're sleep too :)
Happy birthday Sweet Lyla!!! You are so cute...I love your hair!
She is one beautiful Lil Thing! Does it help to know that I am not hte mom tI thought I'd be either. There are many co-sleeping mornings. MANY
Awww! Happy 11 months Lyla! I can't believe how long her hair is and that she can say her name!!! Awww!
She is beautiful! I think it is something with the 11th month - the turn into toddlers. We are going through some of the exact same issues.
Love your pics, and so glad you're getting a few good moments (I'm just catching up!). Happy 11 months, Lyla.
Bea
Happy 11 months, Lyla, and a special sloppy kiss from your birthday twin, baby T.
Post a Comment