Sunday, March 22, 2009

Nostagia

In one week my baby will be one year old. I've been very nostalgic lately revisiting the memories of the days leading up to her birth. I remember the excitement and that feeling that finally I would be complete. Te long waited spring was finally coming to my life. I had no idea of the winter ahead. I had no idea. I am so glad I had her to keep me warm. I am so thankful that I had to be strong to keep her warm... Now spring is here again. The memories of what should have been are still painful. I can't wait to feel the warmth and the breeze again...

She is now taking her first steps, I am walking my first ones too... they are uncertain steps but we both move forward welcoming spring with open arms .

8 comments:

Serenity said...

OMG FIRST STEPS!!!! Congratulations, Lyla!!!

And Cibele. With every day, you grow stronger. I'm so happy you have each other.

xx

Sarah said...

Look at her go!!!! Priceless video...I can't believe she will be ONE...where has the time gone!?!?

sara said...

First steps and one year...that's so amazing! Thank you for sharing your journey with me...it's been an honor ((hugs))

AwkwardMoments said...

Go Lyla GO!

1 yr.. WHAT! Time needs to slow down a bit

Amanda said...

Time goes way too fast. I can't believe she's walking!

PS - Brooklyn loved watching the videos of Lyla, esp. the one with her dancing!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Mason took his first unassisted steps exactly one week before his 1st birthday, too. Watch out because within a matter of days he was all over the house. Now he just walks circles around the downstairs and giggles just because he can.

You will feel the warmth soon and you are doing fantastic!

Caro said...

Wow! Impressive walking!

I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you planned but so glad you had her to keep you warm.

Bea said...

I've just been looking through your videos - very cute - what a smart baby! Happy (belated) birthday!

Bea