Friday, May 15, 2009

Little girl missing her grandma

After 2 months staying with us my my left yesterday. Needless to say that I am so sad to see her go, the house feels empty... but there is somebody else also missing grandma . When my mom arrived here 2 months ago, Lyla did not want nothing to do with her, a few days later she started getting used to the idea of her, by the time my mom left lyla and her were inseparable. Lyla's first word in the morning was VOVO (grandma in Portuguese), she woud walk to her room, open the door and blow her kisses. Yesterday she got home from day care and looked for grandma everywhere in the house, her little confused eyes looked at me and asked : vovo? . Later a night at bed time she again called for her a million times, that escalated to a full "I WAND GRANDMA" tantrum, with inconsolable cry. I got so nervous I thought she was in pain, she never cried for that long of a time. Her father came to help me to console her, she played a little, but would pause here and there asking for grandma. That went on for 4 hours, she slept 1 am. I am so tired. I had my own breakdown from seeing her missing grandma so much. makes me wonder where I should be, here or in Brazil.

4 comments:

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Oh, poor baby! I'm sure that throws a lot of deep thoughts your way and makes you question where you should be. I'm glad her daddy came by to help make his little girl feel better.

Sarah said...

poor girl and poor mama! although my mom lives close by, piper still gets very upset whenever she leaves. i can see why you'd feel pulled to be near family.

hope548 said...

Ahhhh, I'm so sorry. That must have been very hard to see her so upset.

Bela said...

Pra mim, depois que eu tive a Giulia, eu nao paro de pensar em mudar com a minha familia para o Brasil. Agora mais do que nunca, familia e fundamental. I can totally relate --- B~