Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Citizen of the world






Lyla is officially a Brazilian and American Citizen. She will never have to worry about via issues like her mama. She has birth certificate and passport from both countries. I am thankful that my country allows dual citizenship. Now we have all the paperwork in order , I can share with you all that Lyla and I will spend the holidays (Christmas and New years) with my family in Brazil. We got our tickets last week. I am so excited that I can't even think straight. I haven't been home in 5 years. Except for my mom, nobody else in my famil has met Lyla. They are dying to meet her. So, let the countdown begin, in less than 3 months I will be home, where everybody knows my name and they all glad that we are coming!

11 comments:

Caro said...

Very cool. T's had his passport since he was a few weeks old, which is silly because he doesn't look anything like that picture any more.

Delenn said...

First off, I love your new photo header!

Secondly, that is such wonderful news!! I am so glad you are going to be spending the holidays with your family!!

areyoukiddingme said...

That's fantastic! You will have a great time and wonderful holidays. Plus it will be nice for Mommy to have someone to take over for a little while and give her a break!

Jendeis said...

Great news! Congrats!

JJ said...

Yay Lyla! Very awesome for her--and what a gift of a Mommy you are for her, sweetie. BIG hugs

Courtney said...

Congratulations on such an exciting announcement! Hooray for Lyla!!! I hope the days pass quickly until you are able to travel home and share Lyla with all of your family. It will be a much needed break for you also. :)

Amanda said...

Oh wow, y'all are going to have such a great time going home to visit!!

Sarah said...

How cool!! I just got a passport when I got married! LOL. Enjoy your visit with your family...you need it!

lltanderson said...

that's awesome! i hope the 3 months pass quickly for you girls.

hope548 said...

I am so excited for you and your vacation plans for the holidays! I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time and I hope things will ease up for you and give you a break!!

Sarah said...

That's wonderful cibele, I'm so happy for you