Monday, June 18, 2007

Busy again and Insurance questions and WHAT I NEED

After 2 months of doing nothing after I defend my thesis, I am busy again. I have so much to learn for my post doc. I changed field completely, so I have to catch up with the rest of the lab. But you know what? being busy has its advantages, I did think about this cycle even for a second today...
Clomid is going well, cd 5 today (I started cd 3) and I have two more pills to take. I am also back on my vitamins and temping (waking up early to go to work will make easier to take my temp the same time everyday). I am planning to uses OPKs this month (Man , I haven't POAS in a long time)

The good news and that I learned that my new insurance will cover 3 IUIs/year... I am so excited. It also covers the diagnosis part of IF but not any drugs or other treatments besides IUI. I still have to read the fine lines, but I'll take any kind of coverage. I am only confused with this whole deal of PPO and HMO. The premium is so much cheaper for the HMO that I wonder with I should go for it . In addition, with HMO I'll only pay the 35U$ to go see a specialist (an RE for example) and with PPO I pay 35% of whatever the doctor charges. I am so confused; I am not use to the American health system yet...How about you girl's. what do you prefer?? HMO, PPO?? Please help me. The two health care providers that they offer is Conventry and Blue cross and Blue shield... any experience with any of those companies and IF coverage?? Any A$$vice ???? Do you think if matters if DH and I have different ins providers??? I can choose to be on his network but I am not too happy with his provider…. I still have some time to decide, my new ins will not start until September 1st. I will extend the isn (student insurance) until than. I’ll do the 3 clomid cycles (starting this cycle) and if by a miracle I do get pregnant before September (wouldn’t that be awesome??) I know that the new insurance will cover the pregnancy expenses.

Mom is still waiting to hear form her doctor. Thanks for your prayers and kind words of encouragement!


Kate, form Kicking You From The Inside tagged us all to let google say what we need...

It goes like that (on kate's words) "You go to G.oogle and type in "your name needs". For instance, I would type "Cibele needs". Then you write down the first ten entries that appear. I have to say, it was quite hilarious"
So here it goes

Cibele Needs: well, because of my name I actually had to do it in Portuguese (google.com.br)
here is the translation

1)Cibele needs help to survive
2) Cibele needs to be free (free for IF, for sure)
3) Cibele needs to choose a real career (I though I did)
4)Cibele needs to tell people that she needs help (OMG gooogle know all about me)
5) Cibele needs more knowledge
6) Cibele needs kisses (and hugs also please)
7) Cibele needs singing lessons
8) Cibele needs to change
9) Cibele needs to learn how to cook ( oh no, I though that I was a good cook)
10) Cibele needs volunteers

how about you, what do you need

A good week for you all

Take care \

10 comments:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caro said...

I changed field after my PhD too - from fertility research to cancer. It can be fun finding out all the new info.

ultimatejourney said...

My husband and I have different insurance and it hasn't been a problem.

I would spend some time calling the different insurance companies to ask for detailed information about coverage. It could make a big difference in your expenses.

Good luck with that, and with starting your new job, and with your first Clomid cycle (wow, you have a lot going on!)

Dr. Grumbles said...

Oh no, is Google telling you you're a bad singer?

Sarah said...

that is so fun, i can't wait to check out mine!

Carrie said...

Can'y help with the insurance stuff.

I loved the Cibele needs.....
That was very entertaining. I really hope Google doesn't know too much about me, I couldn't take it!

AwkwardMoments said...

OOH insurance still baffles my brain! THat is awesome that they cover 3/IUI's a year ...fabulous. Good luck choosing

Matthew M. F. Miller said...

This is such a fun game - I hope Google doesn't diss me too badly.

Good luck with the insurance - dastardly business.

Baby Blues said...

What I really need is a baby... but I'll do the goo.gle game for fun. :-)

LJ said...

You need to lay out the options side by side and see how they fit together. I always prefer a PPO, the difference is that you don't need a referral for every little thing. It is far less of a hassle - thus they charge more for it.

I've had Blue Cross Blue Shield for years and have no complaints...