Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy 30!

Warning: Post contains only pregnancy related stuff!

I can't believe it. I am 30 weeks pregnant today!!! I am so thankful and humble to be at this place. Things are going well. I had a dr's appt last Monday and I gained 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks (total of 19 thus far)I have to slow down. I am measuring right on target (even though I look huge) . Baby is moving okay (she is not the most active girl in the block but I am okay with it). She has selected the right upper corner of my belly as her favorite place. It is really uncomfortable because I can’t breathe well and my belly looks deformed! It’s funny though. I push and she goes down and a few minutes later she is back up.
In the past 2 weeks I've been suffering with severe pelvic and back pain. I can't sleep well, some days I have to take Tylenol to feel a little better and sleep a few hours. The best position to sleep is on my back, but than I am afraid that I am cutting the blood flow to the baby. Serenity put it well in one of her post: I rotate between pain and fear during the night!!!. Certainly my long 10 hours/day at work (standing up for a long time) are not helping and I feel the need to slow down. Yesterday the elevator broke on my building and I had to use the stairs up to the 6th floor. Needless to say that I am not feeling good today and yesterday I had lots and lots of BH contractions. I was feeling so miserable that DH and I did not do much for valentines. I did get him a "daddy's valentines card" from our baby and he loved it more than anything. In the morning she kicked him twice on his back and that was her way of saying "happy valentine's day daddy".

This weekend I'll have my first baby shower. I am so so excited... I still can’t imagine being the mommy of the baby shower. I've been to so many of those and feels surreal that is my turn. I am planning to go shopping today for a nice outfit!

I growing more and more anxious with the fact that I have nothing ready. I've got lots of stuff from friends such as a dresser, a rocking chair ,and crib that my friend will buy from me. But I have to pick them up and start making room on my small apartment. Dh promised that once he is back from Orlando next week ( he will 5 days away in a work related trip) we will empty the second room and rent a small storage to put all his music stuff (remember, eh is a drummer... I am talking about lots and lots of stuff). I'll feel much much better once I start getting things ready!
Oh , I almost forgot. Did I tell that we picked a name for our little girl? Her name will be Lyla. I was about 5 months pregnant when I saw a movie called August Rush and the girl in the movie was called Lyla and every time the guy said her name my baby jumped on my belly like I had never felt before... I guess that she chose her own name. we will not include a middle name, in my country we use the mother's family name as middle name and the father's as last name and I like this… my family name means a lot to me.

I guess that is enough about me. Have a great weekend and I’ll come back on Monday with pictures from the baby shower!

9 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

woo grats on 30 weeeks!

Loren said...

Aww, congrats on your 30 week anniversary and your upcoming baby shower! Hope you get lots of goodies. :) Lyla is such a sweet name, and you have a great story to tell her when she gets older!

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Sorry about the BH and back pain. Ugh. They sound horrible.

How exciting about the name you have chosen. I think it is beautiful. And I can't wait to see the pictures from the shower.

Hey, I just checked out your belly pics from 28 weeks and I don't think you look too big at all....

XOXO

hope548 said...

Glad to hear you're doing well and I hope things get more comfortable for you. Have fun at your shower!

Delenn said...

Happy 30 weeks!! Lyla is a very pretty name. Have a wonderful shower!

Bela said...

Parabens! 30 semanas! Agora, nesse estagio ga gravidez nos podemos ver a "luz no fim do tunel", nao? :)
O nome da sua nenem e muito lindo e eu to doida pra ver suas baby shower pics - it's gonna be so much fun!!! Estou muito feliz por voce!!!
B~

Bea said...

I love that she chose her own name!

Bea

Bela said...

Can you get a doctor's note so that you can do your job from home (if that's possible) or to simply excuse you from working?

Andressa said...

Lyla is a BEAUTIFUL name, I loved it!