Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reflux

As I mentioned before, Lyla is not a good sleeper. She goes maximum 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. She is still very colic even though she is on a gentle formula and lately she has been crying after feeding and spitting up a lot. She even vomited 2x on Sunday and she has been crying a lot. So, I took her to the doctor yesterday and it turns out she has reflux, a very mild case but is bothering her too much so we decided to put her in antacids for 2 weeks to see how she responds. I addition, she will take "culturalle" (not sure of the spelling) to help her digest better her food. I hope she feel better soo, maybe that will help her to sleep better. I can tell that she wakes up because she is uncomfortable. Lately she figured out that she can sleep better on her tummy. I put her to sleep on her back and I come back a few minutes later and she has turned. I get very scared because she is all by herself on her room (started this week) sleeping on her tummy. Does not matter how many times I put her back, she changes position. As a result , I can't sleep!!!!!! I keep the monitor very close but I am scared that I will fall sleep and don;t hear if she is not okay. I check or her million times until I give up and bring her to my room again. Doctor said it is okay since she knows how to roll both ways/ Hopefully she will start sleeping better and I can relax more because I really tired.

12 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i hope these changes help you both

Kate said...

That is so hard. I hope the meds help. My son liked to sleep on his stomach and it's really nerve racking. I figured if he can lift his head and move himself then he should be ok.

Delenn said...

I am sorry to hear that she is having trouble sleeping. Your doctor is right though, as long as she can roll over, Lyla will be okay. I hope the medications help to clear it up. And I hope both of you get better nights sleep!

docgrumbles said...

hope she sleeps better soon!

Sarah said...

I hope the meds work for Lyla...we tried Mylanta for a while and that did nothing...the Prevecid has been a Godsent! She's like a different baby!

Serenity said...

I do hope the meds work; from what I hear once they kick in the babies are like whole new little people. May this work for you guys.

And about the sleeping on her belly - listen to your doc. If she can flip over on her own accord, she's fine. Really.

*hug* get some sleep, ok?

S said...

Oh..really tired is to hard! I hope the changes make a big difference in your sleep!

Sarah said...

when you're overtired, the littlest things become so difficult. i hope the drugs work. piper started zantac when she was about the same age and it helped us a lot. it's great that's she old enough to roll over, i don't think you have to worry about her sleeping on her belly.

Sarah said...

So glad the antacids are working for her...it's such a relief when you know they're feeling better!

Bea said...

Fingers crossed the sleep improves. It makes such a difference. I've heard the same advice as your paed gave you re: rolling, but it's hard not to worry!

On the other hand, great haircut! And yes, what a difference a year makes!

Bea

Ms. J said...

It sounds so frustrating (and scary) for you as Mommy! My little one cartwheels THEE ENTIRE NIGHT so I can attest to their frequency of movement.

I am co-sleeping with mine (an adopted toddler), so my body is feeling the brunt of it.

Thanks for your kind comment of support on my blog pre-China trip!

hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

I freak about the tummy sleeping too! My daughter is intent on being on her belly. I swear she waits until I get into bed & then flips- AHHH!!!