Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My precious girl

My little girl went through so much in the past days. She was so brave, I am so proud of her. Here are some pics of our days at hotel Hospital... I am so glad that we are not there anymore and I hope to never come back. I must say that the Children's Mercy hospital is just a fantastic place. Amazing, compassionate, caring, loving staff... Thank to all the nurses, care assistants, respiratory therapist and docs for taking such wonderful care of my baby. You guys rock!


PS" the yellow stuff on her face in some of the pics is not what you think it is, she had just finished eating peaches and it was almost impossible to clean with all the tape and tubes on her face. LOL








7 comments:

Delenn said...

Oh, poor little girl! The good news, she won't remember any of this--and you have pictures to show her when she is older--what a brave little girl!

What a year this has been so far for you and her! I hope that you are both recovering and that life gets better!

areyoukiddingme said...

My youngest nephew had Rotovirus and had to be hospitalized. It is so hard to see them in the hospital crib (which looks like prison!).

I hope she's right back to normal soon!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Cibele, I don't know what is going on with my bloglines, but your blog hasn't updated at all in weeks so I wasn't aware of any of this! I'm going to have to try to reload your blog now.

I am glad you guys are home and that she is doing much better.

Sarah said...

Those are so sad...I am so glad that she is home and getting better.

Loren said...

welcome home! I am so sorry for the war you have been through. You definitely need a break! Hang in there, Mama.

Amanda said...

Poor little baby - I am so glad she is feeling better.

N7 said...

OH MY GOD CIBELE I just clicked on here after a few days and am in complete shock!!!! I am sooooooo sorry about all this! Baby Lyla what happened???? I just want to hug her and kiss her I feel like complete crap!!!!! Glad its all over for you and her but wish I had known so I could have dropped you some words of encouragement and support so I'm sorry for that.
xoxoxo little Lyla- my heart breaks for you in those hospital photos...even though that despite all the wires and junk, you are the cutest thing ever :)