Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I HEART Childern's Mercy

Today's surgery went very well... That is our 3rd time at the Children's Mercy hospital. First Lyla was only 3 weeks old, we went to check her hips because she was born breach. We came back a few times for time until they sure her little legs were okay. Last month we stayed there for 3 days because of RSV and today Lyla had her surgery for ear tubes. I hate that we had to go, but it makes life so much easier to be in such wonderful hospital. The have the best doctors, nurses, all the staff from the security guard to the discharge nurse are so friendly. The place is beautiful, colorful, kid friendly. Toys, snacks, movies, books, sticker stations all made to make kids as comfortable as possible. They are also very caring with the parents. The doctor today wore a funny hat, the nurse had a red nose... Lyla did not even noticed that she was being taken to the OR without mommy. We came back after she woke up and she was wearing the cutest shirt.




home after surgery


resting after an intense day... sleep sweet baby!

7 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

I hope this means she won't be catching every illness that comes along! Glad surgery went well...

Courtney said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything went fine today! Lyla looks like she came through great, and that picture of her sleeping...so precious. :)

Somewhat Ordinary said...

What a cute little shirt! Glad it went well and it is over. Now lets just hope that this does the trick to mend all her ickies!

N7 said...

oh baby girl!!! She is so sweet Cibele....omg...thank God everything went well for her and I hope those lil ears are free from yucky poos from here on out!

hope548 said...

I'm a little behind on commenting. I'm so glad the surgery went well and I really hope that the snow is not as bad as expected and that everyone shows up for the party! You both deserve to have a good time!

Amanda said...

I'm glad everything went well!!! She looks happy as can be!

Bea said...

See, these didn't come through on bloglines so it's lucky I clicked over! How stressful to have to go through, but so glad it's all been smooth and successful.

Bea