Lyla - 4 days old, sleeping for the first time on her crib
Monday, May 18, 2009
Sleep
When Lyla was born I worked very hard on having her sleeping on her crib, being able to put herself to sleep. She did very well, except that she never got the "sleep through the night" thing. I chose her crib, her bedding, the baby monitor... all the best. Lyla slept on her room, on her crib until she was 6 months. She had her first fever, it was very high 104, I was scared and brought her to bed me. After a few days sleeping there she did not want to go back. I was usually too tired or too sad to fight her. Everything else that was happening on my life took way my focus, i was on survival mode. I lost my momma mojo. Last time he slept of her crib was 6 months ago right before our lives turned up side down and inside out. We needed each other more than ever and co sleeping became our norm. The time has come that I think that Lyla needs to sleep on her crib. It is not that I don;t want or need her with me, but I think that she needs to sleep on her own bed for safety reasons. Tonight we started sleeping training again. Better late than ever right? I cleaned up her crib, took away all the stuff that there ( her crib was being used as storage), I put a fresh clean (pink)crib sheet, plugged in the baby monitor... she protested, cried, gave me the look that said : you don't need me anymore mommy? why can't I go to your bed? I comforted her, reassured her , sang to her, held her hand, stroked her hair... she cried some more. I thought about giving up but we were both strong and stuck to the plan. She is now sleeping on her crib for the first time since November. I can't believe it. I love seeing her there, she looks like a big baby. I hope we can both stay strong.
Lyla - 4 days old, sleeping for the first time on her crib
Lyla - 4 days old, sleeping for the first time on her crib
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good for both of you!
I know what you mean about comfort in the bed--when my husband is away for business, I have my son sleep in our bed.
And there will be times it is okay for that. But it is good to establish this pattern now, not only for her but for you. Good job!
And--awww! That photo. :-)
Good job, Mommy and Lyla!
It's good to have a plan and stick with it. I hope you are both resting very easily soon.
She slept from 9:30 to 2 am there. In the middle fo the night when she woke up screming I gave in. I don't even remember LOL, it was a small victory already, let's see how today goes
Good for you Momma!!! I remember dreading the sleep-training thing. We used a pack n play in our room next to the bed for a while, then transitioned that into her room then FINALLY into her crib in her room. Now, even when I WANT her to sleep/nap with me she won't. Good luck, I know it's not easy, and I know it's probably even harder without DH. But feel free to vent, curse, cry, etc on here, we're all here to listen ( :
Post a Comment