It is unbelievable that she will be 15 months soon ( the 30th). She had her 15 month appointment today. She is 26 lbs 5oz (90%) and 32 1/2" (85%). I was happy to tell the doctor that she using 100% sip cup, that she is walking, actually running, waving, pointing, clapping, dancing.. all the cool stuff that I get to brag about. I also could not wait for the question: is she sleeping on her crib? YES , Yes she is and she is putting herself to sleep... I was proud of myself LOL... I told her that still wakes up many times. She told me to give her some Motrin at bed time because she is 4 molars coming out at the same time. 4???? that is brutal! I told her that she does not say many words. She said is normal for children exposed to more than on language. I am trying to work with her in pointing the body parts. So for she only points consistently to her hair, feet and nose, with the rest she is all confused LOL. I try to say things in both languages all the time and she seems to choose whatever is easier for her. She understands commands in all 3 languages. During the day her baby sitter speaks with her mostly in Farsi. She seems to have created her own language and I have no idea what she says most of the time LOL
She has a temper, OMG, she is into having tantrums lately, but they come and go fast. She is happy most of the time. The "bad behavior" at day care was an isolated event.
Last night she started crying at 4 am, I ignored for 15 min and she went back to sleep. At 7 am I went to check on her and I saw her bare bottom up in the air and her diaper on the floor. She took her diaper off in the middle of the night, threw it across the room and felt asleep butt naked (with shirt only). The crib and her were all wet because she peed. I should have taken a picture, naughty naughty girl! Nor more sleeping without PJ's bottoms for her.
8 comments:
Way to grow, Lyla!! OMG...the mental picture of what your face must have looked like when you found her sleeping with no bottoms and her diaper thrown across the room...LOL...wow!!!
Our little ones are nearly 15 months already? How did that happen. Must make an appointment for T's 15 month check up.
I have a great mental image of her bare bum in the air.
Happy 15 months!! Wow, time is flying by--soon we will have 2 year olds!!
She's doing great! That is totally normal for a bilingual child to not talk as mu h at first, but she will be waaaay ahead of the game learning two languages from the beginning.
YAH lyla Good girl! Go MOmma!
We just 4 molars ourself. i suggest wine for you ..or just skip the wine and go for the whiskey. It is brutal!
Yes... the diaper thing is a PAIN!
So sweet. :)
(Thank you for your support on my blog. It means a lot that you took the time to comment.)
Peace.
OMG! You should have taken a picture!!
And yes, totally normal that she doesn't speak much being exposed to two languages.
She's gorgeous!
Post a Comment