look at her wearing a special hat made by her great grandmother , came all the way from Brazil just for her!!!!!!!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
learning to be the mother of a toddler
It seems that Lyla's "bad" behavior at daycare was an isolated event. I've been calling once a day to check on her, and her babysitter says she is back to her normal sweet happy self. She is very happy when I pick her up and does not seem bored al all. I guess we all have all bad days and she is allowed to have hers LOL. On the sleep front we have been making progress, baby steps , but I am counting my blessings. She completely stopped taking the "middle of the night" drink. She is putting herself to sleep again and sleeps where she is suppose to be : her crib!!!!! She still wakes up a million times upset that she is there alone, it is very tiring having to wake up so many times, but I will keep up with the sleeping training. Yesterday she actually slept 6 uninterrupted hours. It was bliss, I woke up like a new woman. If somebody does not know better would think talking about a newborn LOL this baby to toddler transition is not easy and it seems that I having to learn everything all over again. I love having a toddler though, she interacts with me much more now, in a more intentional way. If ask for a hug, she gives me one big bear hug, if I ask e for a kiss, she blows the sweetest kisses, she gets my jokes, selects the books she wants to "read", walks, runs, dances... I love driving and looking at the mirror and seeing her there, I love her to pieces!!!! we are both changing and learning.
look at her wearing a special hat made by her great grandmother , came all the way from Brazil just for her!!!!!!!
look at her wearing a special hat made by her great grandmother , came all the way from Brazil just for her!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
cute hat and congrats with the 6 hours!
Oi Ci,
O meu filhote, já nos seus quase 1 ano e 9 meses, continua a acordar durante a noite..e eu de tão exausta....continuo a trazê-lo pra minha casa no meio da noite. Já conseguimos algumas noites com ele dormiindo a noite TODA no quarto dele direto...mas por motivo "desconhecido" ele volta a acordar. Agora está com virose, então fico menos exigente. Quanto aos dias de "bad mood"..eeee amiga...agora é que vão começar a aparecer..e as birras? POis é, faz parte!!!!O jeito é ter paciência que vai passar (lá pros 03 anos kkkkkk!). Mil beijos, e a princesinha está muito linda!!!Ciça
Good for you mommy for sticking with the sleep training...it's not easy, but it IS working!!!
I love the hugs, kisses, and watching her in the car mirror too.
She is such a cutie!
oh, I suppose I have much work to look forward to!
good luck with sleep training!
I'm so glad things are getting better and that you got some serious sleep. It's great you're determined to stick with it, sounds like it will really pay off!
Thank you for always following along with us...and can I say she is as beautiful as ever! I hope the good sleep continues (hugs)
Could she be any cuter!?!?
I can't believe she is one year old already! Time sure flies.
Congrats on the 6 hours, hopefully it becomes even longer quickly.
Post a Comment